The Watch Site banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Special Member
945 Posts
IIRC there are a few members who have Blue 6139-6010s on Stelux Chiclets. From my experience the 601X Chiclet is much more Rare than the 600X Chiclet. Very few in the Wild.
I had forgotten about the “proof” Aussies — which is hard to explain, given that I actually have one. Here’s a seller‘s pic … note the crown in the classic “vintage Pogue” location <g>:

Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Font

As for 6139-6010 on a Chiclet, I have one with a brown dial. One of these days I need to tighten the end links a bit:

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Mikee1918 on IG is one of the best Seiko collectors around. Amazing chronograph collection and super nice guy. His Aussie Pogue with original 6139 manual stamped with an Australian Capital Territory address has excellent provenance that the watch was originally sold in Australia. But I am very skeptical of so many other owners and sellers claiming that their "Aussie" Pogue was originally sold in Australia or purchased from the original owner in Australia. Many make this claim as proof and trying to add further provenance to a story that their "Aussie" Pogue is indeed a "True" Aussie Pogue.

My very questionable, unproven, and lacking any known provenance or history "Aussie" Pogue was purchased from a local pawn shop/antique shop in Olean, New York, USA

Maybe my incoming watch should be referred to as a Non-Aussie "Aussie" Pogue or a ROW "Aussie" Pogue :)

·
Craftsman
4,233 Posts
IIRC there are a few members who have Blue 6139-6010s on Stelux Chiclets. From my experience the 601X Chiclet is much more Rare than the 600X Chiclet. Very few in the Wild.
:)
Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Rectangle

·
Special Member
3,793 Posts

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm getting the strangest sense of déjà vu that I have seen this 6139 bracelet with poorly fitting end links before :)

Incoming Aussie Pogue bracelet and end links

6139 "True Pogue" bracelet with equally bad end links from a few years ago. What were these people thinking?

My Aussie Pogue arrived at the FEDEX Asia Pacific Hub in Guangzhou, China and should be delivered this week. I have my President Bracelet and Roman Day Wheel ready. But wait . . . isn't that cheating?

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Stelux President is ready :) I looked through my 6139 spare parts and could not find a Roman Day Wheel :( There are a number of local watchmakers who are well stocked with 6139 parts so I will visit them and take a look through the day wheels of their junk/spare movements.

·
Special Member
2,332 Posts
Stelux President is ready :) I looked through my 6139 spare parts and could not find a Roman Day Wheel :( There are a number of local watchmakers who are well stocked with 6139 parts so I will visit them and take a look through the day wheels of their junk/spare movements.

Very nice Stelux Kyle, was that one you refinished?

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The "Aussie" Pogue arrived today and it is awesome. Quick photo out of the box. Indicator ring looks faded in this photo but it is a dark, unfaded black. In direct sunlight some very light staining/discoloration can be seen to the dial. Excellent original case - unrestored and very nice, sharp case lines. Replacement crown. Roman Day Wheel - BOOM 💥

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am really liking this Dial :) It's different and I am quessing it has just aged differently and developed an unusual patina. I find the T Dials lighter and more toward Yellow and the R Dials darker and more toward Orange. But this Dial is even slightly darker with more brown and looks closer to a Copper color. Very Nice!

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The real fun starts today. I have another incoming delivery, this one from Japan, and the package has been re-routed to a local customs office. I will be traveling there today and hopefully pick it up :)

·
Special Member
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I am now an officially registered and fully licensed Thailand importer/exporter. The bureacracy that I just endured is mind boggling. The amount of paperwork was staggering and I must have signed my name over 100 times. Unbelievable but I left with my EMS high value box from Japan :)

·
Special Member
3,793 Posts
You got a great watch Kyle! Now we need to talk about some exports of chronographs in your future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbluekyle
21 - 40 of 48 Posts