The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Special Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This "Aussie" Pogue popped up on OFAS and I smashed it with extreme prejudice (double © courtesy @CombatID). I have never owned a true "Aussie" Pogue but I am still not exactly sure what a true "Aussie" Pogue is? How can you tell a real, all original one vs one that has just had a rotating black indicator ring installed? What was unsusual about this listing is the seller looks to be a local pawn shop (lots of jewelry and coins) and in the title there was no mention of "Aussie" Pogue. It was just listed as "Seiko 6139-6002 Automatic Chronograph Mens Watch PEPSI Yellow". How does this one look? Original parts? Bracelet is awful with perhaps the worst fitting end links I have ever seen. No worries as I have plenty of 6139 bracelets.

Seller already shipped out today but it will take a long time before it arrives. Seller's photos:

·
Special Member
3,897 Posts
Congratulations Kyle! Great job on smashing that BIN with extreme prejudice.

There is a good thread on this that emerged after the color brochure was found that had the watch picture as a gold dial with a black indicator ring.

But there aren’t really super special differences. The early PROOF ones are all -6000 and the later ones like yours are -6002 I believe. There are no RESIST ones obviously. They just need to have a Roman day wheel. The early ones like mine probably just came on the chiclet bracelet. I found mine after the fact (without the right end links).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
454 Posts
Congratulations Kyle! Great job on smashing that BIN with extreme prejudice.

There is a good thread on this that emerged after the color brochure was found that had the watch picture as a gold dial with a black indicator ring.

But there aren’t really super special differences. The early PROOF ones are all -6000 and the later ones like yours are -6002 I believe. There are no RESIST ones obviously. They just need to have a Roman day wheel. The early ones like mine probably just came on the chiclet bracelet. I found mine after the fact (without the right end links).

I am fairly certain the Resist variant exist as well. There are few examples out there.

http://instagr.am/p/CNAcH2irlzH/
http://instagr.am/p/CLxRyDULynE/
BTW, great find Kyle, just need proper Stelux President now.

·
Special Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find it is sometimes more fun to wait until a watch arrives to discover the specific details. I asked the seller about the day wheel and here is the reply I just received :)

New message:
I really don't know. you can set it to change the date from English to something, but can't figure out the language. Sorry but it will ship today priority insured. Thanks
Amy

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the early proof dial aussie 6139's came on a chiclet. Mine is not a yellow, but fairly confident it was sold here (Aus) new. The later ones would be easier to make up.

This blue one is !00% original apart from the crystal, Swapped it until I send the old one for a polish.
Early 1970 notched case, Roman date, two piece sweep hand, 6139A movement, and Chiclet bracelet.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

White Light Material property Automotive tire Font

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
71 Posts
^ ^ ^ Stunning ^ ^ ^ Is that the same chiclet that arrived needing work? Looks like you were able to get it fixed. Looks spectacular :love: :love: :love:
Yes, the bracelet does join, and no broken bits. The little "open" pin is just a bit loose, a bit worrying to wear, but makes it easy for taking pics. The movement was just serviced and the watch guy said it looked untouched since new.
It is my baby of the collection :) And really stands out amongst my others, looks new.
Watch Analog watch Azure Gesture Clock

·
Special Member
3,897 Posts

·
Administrator
34,552 Posts
Why do sellers often seem to have a hand or two covering the 9 position ? frustrating :)

·
Special Member
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think I've ever seen a 6139-601x on a chiclet bracelet, Kyle.

IIRC there are a few members who have Blue 6139-6010s on Stelux Chiclets. From my experience the 601X Chiclet is much more Rare than the 600X Chiclet. Very few in the Wild.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts