The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some assistance on the following 6139-6002 which is a Feb-77 production, water resist. 6139B movement but only 17 jewels. After reading a few the articles on the 6139-6XXX series I'm confused if this is a JDM version and whether the indicator ring is original faded or aftermaket.

Thanks in advance Phil Yeadon

Attachments

·
Special Member
7,869 Posts
The 6139-6002 was not sold in Japan, and the 17J 6139B is the correct movement.

That is what a faded inner black ring can look like after years and exposure to sun etc. Legit for sure even it not very attractive.

That bracelet is aftermarket if that matters. I lean towards the chrono sweeper hand being original but not 100% sure. Pretty much all OEM watch. .

·
Special Member
3,165 Posts
^^^^ Yes, I agree with Jon above. That is a very good looking original watch from the one photo.

There are a lot of threads on spotting the 6139 variants and how to tell one that is original from the fakes. Just do some searches and you will find a lot of material here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
well that looks like one you could do some work on and make look very nice
it would all depend on the asking price
parts for these are not easy to find and they are not cheap
original bands with correct end links can be found around a hundred dollars and up depending on condition and size
inner bezels can be dyed sometimes and there is some aftermarket ones but very few that look right
and these should be serviced as there are many parts internally and not everyone can work on these
and servicing is not cheap as it is very involved
great find for sure
thank u for sharing it with us
can we all ask what they want for it?
God Bless,John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts