The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone had any buying tips for this watch? What the best Price range is to purchase it

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was curious if anyone had any buying tips for this watch? What the best Price range is to purchase it

Sent from my iPhone

Watch out as there are a lot with aftermarket parts such as dials available. Buy as good as you can afford but do not rush into a rash purchase. I'd take a good read of various buyers guides on this forum. It doesn't even have to be for the same watch as it will give you a good idea on what you need to look out for. That's a model even I have not been able to find a good on to buy yet as the ones I have seen have all turned out to be pigs made up out of spares and aftermarket parts.

For instance there is one on a buy-it-now on fleabuy at the moment for about $539USD that I would not go near too as the chap keeps putting on crap made up out of aftermarket parts. The dial on the one in question has terrible lume which looks like blobs over the nicely shaped lume that a Seiko dial should have :smiley: There's a couple of fleabuy at the moment you need to keep away from btw!

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Tony pretty much said it.

The 6138-8020 is one of those watches that if you see a mint original within reason money is no object. Personally I would not buy one with an aftermarket dial or polished case. The beauty in these watches lies in the exquisite original parts and finishes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts