The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few weeks ago I was waiting my new purchase.

these was images from the seller.
At first look, the watch was dirty and no working.
Once opened the trouble was very easy to find, the hairspring was bent and the pushbuttons were very hard all the crono mechanism was very stuck.
Then I dissasembled all, the dial was in a very fine condition, but the crono hands in yellow are very faded .
I cleaned the case , cleaned and oiled the movement, changed the crown, crystal and bracelet ( it`s not original but is similar)

I repainted the crono hands in orange, I look for this tone of orange because it seems not new, like the whole watch,

now I will be looking for a cursor ring (I know it`s difficult) and a better crono hands and new bezel aswell.

sorry for my english.

Have a good day Jeroni

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Looks good mate :) Spencer Klein did have some AM cursor rings and I've just ordered two NOS ones from Rob at Monsterwatches

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
wow..that looks great...great work...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Undoubtedly a good job, look on ebay salesman America offering cursors after but are very close to the original usually appears.
I say if you do not find clear the original.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yes, I believe Jonathon Koch had good AM cursor rings made a few years ago. Ask over on Wrist Sushi and I think someone there will be able to point you in the direction of the person who has the remainder of that stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Jonathan did make wonderful am rings. They were different however than original. Jonathan wanted to ensure that his versions could not be passed off as original so he made his in clear plastic, whereas originals had a light greenish color to them. Jimmy provided you with the correct folks to contact for either. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey jeroni0, did you buy the cursor ring? Can you post a photo of your watch with it?
Thanks
still I have not the cursor, the glass comes from seikoparts14 (ebay), the other parts like gaskets from cousins , the crown I had at home, hairspring was bent and I fixed, cleaned and olied the movement at home.

now I am very bussy for the moment but when I will have the cursor, of course I will post it
Jeroni

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have the original blue cursor rings in stock, I am that Rob from Monsterwatches :grin:.
I sell them for 30 euro shipped, 2 for 55, 3 for 70.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really nice looking watch! Congratulations :) I have been looking for a Heuer Calculator but this one is actually better looking. Time to start searching!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts