The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A Seiko 6138-3009 chronograph on a Seiko 20mm oyster bracelet.

The original curved end pieces on the bracelet were replaced by Swedefreak’s end pieces meant for the 6105-8XXX diver. Those same end pieces just happen to fit this chronograph case, too.

I’ve worn this watch on a leather strap, never felt right. On this bracelet it fits just right.

Thank you to Swedefreak for developing and selling the end pieces.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Truth be told, discovering the 6105-8110/8119 and 6138-300X lugs are nearly identical was strictly accidental.

At least it was one of those very rare happy accidents.

Enjoy your "new" Seiko!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sweet.

Nice bracelet combo, it is almost better than the original style bracelet imho. Swedefreak also offers a replacement crystal that works awesome in this 6138.

Just one of the classic 6138 designs, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just wearing my 6138-3002 today! Are you telling me that this wonderful combination fits the 3002 also? If so, where can I sign up? 8)

The watch is currently on a sized down 20mm mesh. Looks good, wears good, but Jonathan's bracelet looks even better (imho, that is off course!)

Menno

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resurrecting this thread looking for a Seiko oyster 20mm bracelet like this for my 6138-3009, need a 10mm end link. Any direction on where to source one?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Why 10mm? The openings are 10mm on these. I think you need 9mm so they work together.

Resurrecting this thread looking for a Seiko oyster 20mm bracelet like this for my 6138-3009, need a 10mm end link. Any direction on where to source one?
Why 10mm? The openings are 10mm on these ends. I think you need 9mm so they work together. I just got an oyster for my 6105 and could not be happier. I got mine from Duncan. His are top shelf!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
There are different end pieces available.
The Swedefreak end links are suited for a 9mm Oyster, but there are also 10mm center slot end links that will take a H-Link.

Incidentally, Yobokies sells end links for his BOR that fit the 6105-811X as well as the 6138-300X :) I don't have a picture of it, sadly. Might wear it tomorrow :grin:

Oh, and I am currently on the lookout for the "original" end links - 6mm center slot. I have a Jumbo with bracelet but without end links...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Current suppliers for 6138-3009 end pieces and bracelet.

I know this is an old thread. But your end pieces, bracelet, and buckle are perfect! I'm looking for the same set up for my 6138-3009. Can anyone provide actual links or contact information? Yobokies doesn't have a website. Sadly, Swedefreak passed away sometime ago. Thank you guys in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I know this is an old thread. But your end pieces, bracelet, and buckle are perfect! I'm looking for the same set up for my 6138-3009. Can anyone provide actual links or contact information? Yobokies doesn't have a website. Sadly, Swedefreak passed away sometime ago. Thank you guys in advance for any help.
I can hook you up with a pair of end-links if you send me an email.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Johnathan is surely missed by the Seiko community. I was fortunate to have had many conversations with him concerning Seiko parts, tools, and collecting. I purchased my 1st crystal press from him about 10 years ago. A Seiko S-220 with a complete set of aluminum + plastic dies.

The end links in the photo have 9mm centers that fit the oyster style bracelets. There are still a few floating around but the ones most commonly available have 10mm centers which are most time associated with the"H" link style bracelets.

His knowledge of Seiko was extensive and he loved to share it............

He stored a lot of his parts in wooden cigar boxes. Apparently another pastime. Sadly, he died of lung cancer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts