The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , I just picked up a Seiko 6119C and searched for tech manuals so I can service it . The search explained that the base caliber for this model is a 6106A and I have that service info already . So far , so good . My question involves the rotating Inner bezel that turns with a gear on the stem . Mine is stuck, it won't turn with the stem or manually.
The 6119C is a Seiko 5 Sports water 70 proof , 6119-6023 , serial # 022685 .
In looking at the ring in the case it seems that I have to remove it through the front of the case after removing the crystal .
Does anyone have any experience with this situation or can tell me where I can get some tech info ? Do I lube it on reassembly ? Also does the 6139 Pogue have the same mechanism for this rotating ring ?
Thanks for any help and info.....Aloha , Louis

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply biggbubba....The dial and movement look in good condition so maybe it hasn't been serviced, at least for a while . Did you use tech service info or just go in cold turkey ? I have serviced other calibers including the 6106 which I just completed , but I do like to have the service info if possible .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howzit BB , I popped off the bezel and crystal and found the usual vintage dirt and grime , but really not to bad except that only the very thin tension ring has some fine rust . I will attempt to clean it but it is a thin fragile piece . Did you source any parts for the service on your watch ?
Thanks , Louis

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mahalo BB , I have an inquiry in to Stefan about this part and a replacement crystal. I have just ordered an assortment of diamond paste for the crystal refinishing if I can't get replacements . I do have a fiberglass scratch brush and it may be what the Doctor ordered to take care of this thin delicate part....also I have used the thin plastic keyring cards you use at the market to burnish SS parts . I may try this after the scratch brush .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mission accomplished on the Rotating Ring.....

It's turning as smooth as a baby's bottom . So the crystal is next when I can find it . Stefen didn't have it so I'll take your suggestion and try to source it through Spencer Klein....Thanks Biggbubba for the crystal part # and your help.

Mahalo , Louis ....... PS , the watch looks a lot better than my lousy pics :D

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Fashion accessory Metal Watch

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Howzit biggbubba , No I did not lubricate the rotating bezel ...you were right on that point as the ring may end up slipping or worse yet too much lube in a watch will cause problems later. I followed your suggestion and used a scratch brush on the fragile retaining ring followed by a light scrub with a bit of Magic Eraser...it worked out good....by the way , I have carefully used small bits of the eraser to clean up dials with good results...JUST GO SLOW AND CHECK THR RESULTS AS YOU GO .
The case , movement , dial ,and hands are all in very good condition . I picked it up at the swap meet from a seller that knows what i'm looking for and saved it for me . I also got a Citizen CQ that only needs a crystal...every thing is in great condition including the original CQ bracelet . I paid $45 for both .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.