The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just serviced the same watch recently. Infact it was my first complete service....so I'm no expert.

Yes you need to pop off the bezel/crystal retaining ring and remove the crystal, it's gasket and the ring the gasket sits on to gain access to the rotating inner bezel. There will be a tension spring that sits between the gasket ring and the rotating bezel.

I am not sure if it should be lubricated. I opted not to for fear of getting oil on the rotating ring.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The crystal for this watch is a 320W10NG. NOS is hard to find and expensive. There are a number of repros out there but IMHO Jonathan Koch's are the best. Spencer Klein sells them....on ebay and through WUS(where he offers a discount). Hope this helps :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
No problem Louis, glad to help.

Your watch looks good. Clean dial and hand set. I think it will be very sharp with a new crystal....you won't be disappointed with a JK crystal.

Did you end up lubricating the inner rotating bezel?

BTW my watch is the same color combo (not as nice as yours tho....pretty beat up when received, but served it's purpose as guinea pig for my first service)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.