The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I truly believe that patience is a virtue.

About a year and a half ago my desire to possess a 1973 6119-8490 was instilled after reading a blog post by Michael Stockton:

Michael Stockton writes of this model:

"This Seiko 6119-8490 has one of the coolest vintage Seiko dials I’ve ever seen. Note the applied “Seiko” and “5” logo along with the white inner bezel and blue outer ring. Magnificent!"

I added it to my ebay search list, and while from time to time a faded, water damaged and over priced specimen would emerge, none ever showed up that met my modest standards.

Then last week I ran into a NOS 6119-8490 dial at a good price.

And there was a blue 6119-8490, with a wrong dial, but an interesting bracelet, which I will keep.

But the hands were wrong. It takes stripped hands, which I was also lucky enough to find as well.

The only piece of the puzzle that has not yet arrived is the dial, which is on its way from Bulgaria.

I'll post the pics of the assembled watch when the last part arrives.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nice! I've seen a couple of those dials now and then, and I really like those as well. But as you stated they just aren't up to snuff to bother with. Very nice example you found there.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
looking forward to seeing it - digging the bracelet .....

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
very cool. the bracelet sets it off too .... I like ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I truly believe that patience is a virtue.

About a year and a half ago my desire to possess a 1973 6119-8490 was instilled after reading a blog post by Michael Stockton:

Michael Stockton writes of this model:

"This Seiko 6119-8490 has one of the coolest vintage Seiko dials I’ve ever seen. Note the applied “Seiko” and “5” logo along with the white inner bezel and blue outer ring. Magnificent!"

I added it to my ebay search list, and while from time to time a faded, water damaged and over priced specimen would emerge, none ever showed up that met my modest standards.

Then last week I ran into a NOS 6119-8490 dial at a good price.

And there was a blue 6119-8490, with a wrong dial, but an interesting bracelet, which I will keep.

But the hands were wrong. It takes stripped hands, which I was also lucky enough to find as well.

The only piece of the puzzle that has not yet arrived is the dial, which is on its way from Bulgaria.

I'll post the pics of the assembled watch when the last part arrives.
Hi. I have this watch in original condition, a 9 out of 10 condition for sale if you or anyone else is interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts