The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, all new to this , so bare with me. i have just acquired 2 automatic seiko watches. the 1st is a seiko 6119 6053 - has sports 5 - 21 jewels on the face , complete working order , and seiko 6139 6002 . i have started researching the 6139, its the col pogue with the sunburst dial. i cant find much info on the 6119 though.... been looking everywhere which led me here. if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. they were both my grandfathers' watches bought in the 70's, so just want to know more about them.

both work great with all functions operating well, just need some TLC at the moment so hunting down some parts for both. any info would be much appreciated, about anything. thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Love the pogue and that inscription on the back - fantastic.
If that was my grandads watch I would leave it as it is and delight in wearing it like that...but that's just me. Whatever you do to it maybe don't waste money on aftermarket parts....although you may think they look ok, they well... don't, generally.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the comments. i agree. just wouldnt mind giving it a bit of a tidy up thats all. i am finding hard to see any parts anywhere for my 6119 6053. any thoughts? seems easier to get parts for the pogue.

i still cant believe that 2 watches made in he early 70s still operate & work so good. unbelievable.

thanks

·
Registered
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6119 6053 & Col Pogue

here's some updated pics of my Col Pogue & my 6119 6053. i m trying to find a new bezel , both inner & outer for the 6119 6053 so any help would be great. hope you like the pics. thanks 20151014_070216.jpg

20151021_131453_resized.jpg

20151021_131526_resized.jpg

20151021_131536_resized.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grammarofdesign....thanks for the comments. its the same pogue- i just managed to find some parts in portugal of all places (?) and the US to freshen it up. I got a new bezel , hands & face , and gave it a clean and polish. I have bought a few different bands for it as well , whilst keeping the original. All the mechanical internals remain untouched & i wear it every day....i love it. Still cant believe they still work so well. I have all the original parts and the rotating inner bezel is original which is why it looks white almost- it was originally yellow i think?

its a hard one, i like the originality of them both, but like them looking a little fresh as well....i just picked up a seiko 7006 8040 that i am waiting on to be delivered...starting to get hooked!!

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Yes Sir, you certainly are getting hooked - Welcome to the club !

That explains the many differences. Enjoy the refreshed look. Hopefully you got the original parts back from the watchmaker, as they can be valuable spares, and I would put that original sub-dial hand back on as the AM is not the correct shape. Anyway, good luck and wear it well !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh good point..thanks for that...yup- made sure i h got all the original parts...
thanks mate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,
I am new to this forum and have pulled my father's Seiko out of the jewelry box and have discovered that it is a Nov 1969 Seiko 5 Sports 6119-6053 Proof with a "not original" Speidel bracelet. I will upload a picture as soon as I can figure out but it works fine and has to be cleaned up a bit. I would like to track down an original Seiko bracelet fo rit and don't know where to begin. Any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here are pictures of my watch, just the front and back. I have learned from searching the internet that it seems more popular to keep the watch in original condition, (warts and all) rather then piece together with non-original parts. I remember Living in Panama when I was a kid with my parents and I believe this is where we got the watch. Just been sitting in my drawer for years and I put it on, set the time and it works!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi. i have the same watch all original & still works as well . pics will be further up the post. out of my seiko watches...i found this one was harder to get parts for....i have left it original for now but always have look every now & then. just need to go through the internet & ebay. some non genuine parts can be of ordinary of quality, so i definitely recommend keeping all your original parts...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts