The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this watch from a fellow forum member as a gift for a very close friend of mine. I suppose it could be thought of a multi role watch for him, for starters a birth year watch, he retired from the British army after 22yrs a month ago (green colour dial) and was also presented to him as a wedding gift from his best man (That's was me believe it or not :confused::eek:hmy:)

The first photo is the sellers pic. It was in good working order except that I noticed when pulling the crown out he movement would move a tiny amount and I felt as if I wanted to do something more to it other than just buy it and pass it on, so I decided to give it a strip, clean and sort that moving movement.

Sorry I didn't think of taking photo's during strip down and only thought about it when I started re-assembling the watch, the movement was in great shape a little bit of dirt here and there, one thing I did find but wasn't expecting was the winding pawl had worn and the jewel was no longer fixed.

The movement was moving because the tension spring had gone a little weak so I re-tensioned it and that seems to of worked, the dial is a little rubbed in places but nothing really bad to warrant doing anything to it. The timegrapher shows its quite stable and I believe that 210 degrees is not too bad on a old Seiko, but let me know if i'm wrong.
The last photo is the finished article, if it has a funny look to it that's because it does have a sticker on the glass to protect it

So I'll let the photos talk for themselves

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mike, this was the first watch that I have done that was no longer a practice piece. It had to be done right and not mess up on as I had already presented it to the new owner before I had a chance/nerve to do anything with it.
I've had a play with quite a few of Ramon's specials to try and perfect the art of horology but still got a long way to go.
I do know one thing its very unlikely I'll every have skills or the nerve to have a go at anything really valuable. Having fun with a 7009 at the moment striped and cleaned,can't get it to run correctly and date seems to change every 21 1/2 hrs so goodness knows what I've done there! :confused:
I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts