The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently saw a 6106-7107 Sport diver with the beautiful "Atzec Red" dial in perfect condition for sale and was obviously tempted, but two points rang an alarm bell: the dial doesn't have the "Water70m resist" markings, and the case-back dates the watch to June '74.

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Material property

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

Both these details don't match with the two reference discussions on this model here on the forum (only showing Resist dials and dating production to the period 1969-71)
and

So is the dial and AM replacement?
And what about the case-back (which bears the correct ref. 6106-7107 within the horse-shoe)?

·
Special Member
1,628 Posts
I think of them as "no text" dials like Pogues, even though they have text. It just means it is a later production, the dial looks legit to me. I should add a caveat that sushi rolls are not my thing but... I would also add that June 1974 seems quite late for a horseshoe caseback.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, so if I understand you correctly: a '74 "plain" dial example, though very late, would be correct, bar the doubt about the horseshoe case-back.

Which in turn raises another question for me: is there a consensus on when Seiko switched case-back to "no horse-shoe" or does it vary form ref. to ref.?

·
Registered
541 Posts
So much depends on lighting, camera angles, dial degradation, sun exposure, etc...mine taken last night (top) and others of mine... It also shows some fading along the outside perimeter edge near the indices from my perspective. Other thing I have learned from here is there are exceptions to many of the Seiko "rules"...definitely trends that hold true but exceptions that are genuine examples.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much, Tritto & Evolutionary Reject, that's really helpful!

And, yes I understand that pics are tricky with this kind of colours and may vary a lot - I was just wondering if the orange of the initial post was a tad too shining for a nearly 50 year old ... boy: maybe he didn't spent a lot of time outside :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts