The Watch Site banner

Seiko 6105 question about serial number

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Frogman4me 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here, but i'm collecting watches for a while now. I do own a couple of 6139 and 6138, though.

I've recently (yesterday) acquired a Seiko 6105-8000 and i have a question regarding the serial number on the back, 8405491. Also on the back there is "Japan X". What does it means? Normally I've only seen six digits serials on Seikos.

Thank you,
Mihai

#2 ·
Seiko switched between 6 and 7 digits in the late 60's. Your watch is from April of 1968. I am not certain what all the various case markings of Japan X or Japan A are, it could have been a code for which line or factory they were made in. Others may have a more solid answer on this?

Congrats on acquiring a 6105-8000, please post pictures!!

#4 ·
Isthmus said:
Here is a post that should help you learn how to interpret the most important caseback markings on your seiko:

How to Read Seiko Reference Numbers

Good link Gabe. There is one mistake on it though in that the author states that 'S' is used for September, when in reality September is represented by a '9'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.