The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've overhauled one an I'm thinking the amplitude is less than ideal.

What would be average for this movement?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Seiko's aren't known for its amplitude on the lower level calibres! Be happy with the daily rate and forget about amplitudes hahaha

Good luck!

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Hi Paul,

to my experience it should have after a movement service arround 220 in dial up position with a lift angle of 52⁰.

regs

Uwe
Why 52 Uwe ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi John,
I wrote the lift angle so Paul can compare his mesurements with mine.

The older movements use mostly a higher lift angle, so I mesure the vintage Seikos on 52°. Couldn't find the exact angle it in the tech infos.

When you go on with 50° like on the ETA 7750, the mesured amlitude will drop arround 15°.
It's just a to have a scale when we talk about amplitudes :)

Best regrards

Uwe

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
aah ok, the spec sheet says 54.50.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Seiko's aren't known for its amplitude on the lower level calibres! Be happy with the daily rate and forget about amplitudes hahaha

Good luck!
Exactly. In fact, most of the technical guides I've seen don't mention an amplitude figure to shoot for. IIRC, my 6105B, which was overhauled by IWW for the previous owner, shows around 250-260° at full wind (lift angle of 54.5°).

I think the lowish amplitudes seen in the low-end Seiko calibres is due to the deep locking. Less-than-exact locking depth probably makes for easier automated assembly.

Myles

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi John,

thank's for the info with the lift angle :)

So a good amplitude will be 250° with 54,5° when it's running well.

best regards

Uwe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts