The Watch Site banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
For me the most important part of any vintage model especially but not limited to divers is the dial, then the dial closely followed by the dial :) and that dial looks great and if it does go to Guy he would perhaps tart it up a little more to look almost like new, remember dials are pretty important jmo :) :)
Wait, John, I’m still a little unclear on how important the dial is... haha! That dial is bonkers, though. Looks really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
That will end up being a really nice one especially as the dial looks to be VERY good which imo is the most important part as everything else can be sorted, is that a reflection between the 4 and 5 on the dial ?.

Good luck getting it sorted.
Absolutely agree with you John. The dial has to be great, the most important thing for a vintage. I wouldn't touch the dial on this one but I would clean up the hands and lume to match.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Agree with prior posts. Guy is one of the best when it comes to these 6105s and their dial and hand restoration. Me personally, i would not touch the lume on this dial. Too nice and original. Hands, yes.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Agree with the recommendations. Guy has done a few 6105s for me and they are outstanding. Also, I wouldn’t touch the lume on this watch. I had one watch like this, with good dial lume and not-so-good hands. Guy left the dial alone and relumed the hands only; the match is perfect.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I agree with everything you say apart from reluming the dial, if the hands can't be lumed to match the dial (I think they can with our experts) I would rather have the hands slightly mismatched than relume a great original dial like that one (jmo).
I totally agree with you John.......i said more.... in my opinion only a good service ,change gasket,a nice clean and stop...this is my simple opinion.
M.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts