The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'll find out once it arrives but just wondering what the chances are of this actually having the Seiko logo on the dial.

From the looks of the picture it appears to be missing.

If it is missing are the majority of Seiko logos on watches from the same era the same size or would I have to find a donor 6105 dial?

Also are the logos stuck/glued on the dial or do that have dial feet?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Does look to be missing doesn't it. I think I've read another thread where someone used a donor Seiko logo from a more common watch to replace a logo on the 6105.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Sometimes I've found they look dark, even black, when photographed in the wrong light. There is every chance it will be OK when it arrives... Be sure to let us know.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I think the logo is there, but it is corroded and becomes black. I had a 6105 with "blackened" logo before.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Confession time:
I love the subtle nuance of the frosted-finish logo that the 6105's seem to have come with (not sure if all 6105 dials across entire years of production, but I've seen a fair amount with them), and even more so how they age/corrode to black. It is a unique aspect of the watch and I'd never recommend replacing it for a shiny polished one, and even doing so for a unblackened, frosted one seems unnecessary (and hard to find- not many models used the frosted logo). Obviously opinions are welcome to differ :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've recently sold my gorgeous 6105 8110 that I spent a lot of money on restoring. It too had a blackened logo and I did replace it for a un-blackened 6105 logo which, to me at least, looked better. I agree with boeingdriver777 though, prices are and will continue to increase.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've recently sold my gorgeous 6105 8110 that I spent a lot of money on restoring. It too had a blackened logo and I did replace it for a un-blackened 6105 logo which, to me at least, looked better. I agree with boeingdriver777 though, prices are and will continue to increase.
Your example was truly one of the most beautiful and elegant examples of this calibre I have ever seen sold by You for a extremely reasonable and fair price.If You had put it on a well known auction site You could have commanded a really huge price but like many here You are an enthusiast and not driven by greed or other forces.You are both to be commended and respected for Your honesty and integrity.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I reckon he should've kept it.
I would have to be really desparate to part with mine, which probably isn't quite as good.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Hey buddy, I thought I had read you were going to sell It, I guess you did. Couldn't find the sale thread though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks guys for the nice comments :) (especially BD777 - thank you!)

Unfortunately Jim, I have had to sell a couple of nice watches recently (you had one of them!) as I have a few large and unavoidable bills looming :-(
The 6105 is with it's new owner now and he seems happy with it too, so at least someone else can cherish it if I can't.
I may have to sell others out of my collection soon but I'm hoping that maybe later in the year (or early next) I can start collecting again. It was a beauty though!

PS: How are you guys awarding points, I never seem to have a button to be able to do so?! :)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Thanks guys for the nice comments :) (especially BD777 - thank you!)

Unfortunately Jim, I have had to sell a couple of nice watches recently (you had one of them!) as I have a few large and unavoidable bills looming :-(
The 6105 is with it's new owner now and he seems happy with it too, so at least someone else can cherish it if I can't.
I may have to sell others out of my collection soon but I'm hoping that maybe later in the year (or early next) I can start collecting again. It was a beauty though!

PS: How are you guys awarding points, I never seem to have a button to be able to do so?! :)
I hope things turn out well for you soon, - meanwhile try to hang on to some of your best watches if you can. They'll certainly cost more in the future.

I have to say the 7002 I bought from you is absolutely perfect!

·
Registered
613 Posts
^ Thank you Jim, I like to keep all my watches in as good a shape as possible and that 7002 was all original and, as you say, perfect. I'll try and hang on to my 6306 and my GS and hopefully reacquire another 6105 next year if things pan out, and I'd love a 62MAS one day and another 7002! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

So the watch arrived today and the good news is that although almost impossible to see the Seiko logo does appear to be there, albeit jet black from corrosion.

The only negative so far is that the crown doesn’t appear to lock without a lot of fiddling around with it. The majority of the time it spins freely unless you happen to get it in just the right spot.

The locking pin does appear to be there but I think it must be worn down fairly low as my other 6105 locks very easily.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Pretty cool! That logo is difficult to see mind you, quite like that, though!

What a transformation. Was it simply the crystal? Good stuff!

Also, I remember a 6105 I had where the crown would lock, there wasn't any noticeable degradation of the lock, but the crown wasn't pushing in correctly and so would sit proud of the case slightly. I believe that was to do with the stem not sitting in the movement properly.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
well you can find a original seiko logo and you could change it...but to me it looks perfect...great job

1 - 20 of 26 Posts