The Watch Site banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Craftsman
2,269 Posts
Looks legit to me. Needs some cosmetic work but looks like a solid foundation for a nice watch. I think I see a 9 as the first digit in the serial so 1969 Proof/Proof. Did the owner provide any pics of the movement or service history? Should have a 6105A non hacking movement if I am not mistaken. I have not priced these in a while but I know I paid north of $1200 US for mine about a year ago and it was serviced and in much better condition. Obviously, collectibility and the market can change in that amount of time.

·
Special Member
148 Posts
I'm not an expert but the dial looks original to me, however I can't make my mind up about the hour and minute hands. From other examples I've seen, mould tends to grow from one end (see photo below) making the edge of the lume darker than the centre, but in the photos above they're kind of evenly grey all over. Maybe this is what happens after enough time in a humid environment, or maybe they've been made to look old to match the dial. I'm not sure but it's something I'd try to ask the seller if possible.
Watch Font Electric blue Gas Technology

·
Special Member
1,391 Posts
Value appraisals are not part of this forum. But I will tell you that soon a reissue of the slim case 6105-800x should be formally announced and I would guess pricing (it is a 6L movement) is going to be in the $1500ish and if you look at the cost of a Willard compared to a 6105-811x you could reasonably draw an analogy :) Condition being "everything" in a vintage watch with regards to value, yours looks very nice overall.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Value appraisals are not part of this forum. But I will tell you that soon a reissue of the slim case 6105-800x should be formally announced and I would guess pricing (it is a 6L movement) is going to be in the $1500ish and if you look at the cost of a Willard compared to a 6105-811x you could reasonably draw an analogy :) Condition being "everything" in a vintage watch with regards to value, yours looks very nice overall.
A modder I am friends with has gotten his hands on the actual OEM cases for the new 6105-800x remakes that are being released soon and it looks really, really good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts