The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,
I have a Seiko 6105-8000 and a 6105-8110 that I am trying to rebuild the best way possible (I will only be able to use the cases and maybe a 6105 movement that is in need of repairs) and rght now I am stuck with a crystal gasket problem.
The gaskets that I managed to purchase (from folks in the Philipines and Thailand) leave a lot to be desired and I am talking about gross dimensional incompatibilities. They were very expensive and useless to boot.
I went to Cousins and found a Sternkreuz L shaped gasket: OD 33.5mm, ID 33.4mm (thickness 0.55mm) - ref. LG335324. Is this an adequate gasket? And if not, where may I find suitable gaskets?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reference, mate. I´ve sent already a message to swedefreak regarding the gaskets (and crystals) issues...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zzzolive said:
you can try also with mountapo on the bay.... ;)
Thanks, but I did: it does not fit. it has a larger diameter. I will try a gasket from Cousins and will share my findings this fine community. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Luso308win said:
Friends,
I have a Seiko 6105-8000 and a 6105-8110 that I am trying to rebuild the best way possible (I will only be able to use the cases and maybe a 6105 movement that is in need of repairs) and rght now I am stuck with a crystal gasket problem.
The gaskets that I managed to purchase (from folks in the Philipines and Thailand) leave a lot to be desired and I am talking about gross dimensional incompatibilities. They were very expensive and useless to boot.
I went to Cousins and found a Sternkreuz L shaped gasket: OD 33.5mm, ID 33.4mm (thickness 0.55mm) - ref. LG335324. Is this an adequate gasket? And if not, where may I find suitable gaskets?

Many thanks!
Hi
Dagaz has ones that fit at $15 for 2 including shipping, he is shut for a couple of weeks though, the gasket from cousins sounds too big to me, the crystal for that model is only 32mm
best of luck with it
seikola

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Thanks, but I did: it does not fit. it has a larger diameter. I will try a gasket from Cousins and will share my findings this fine community. :)
I've had a similar problem recently with some a/m crystal gaskets that I was convinced were at least 5mm too long in circumference. I'd virtually given up on them but one day, when I was feeling patient, I got them to fit perfectly. Try to put the majority of the gasket in place, hold it down with your fore & middle finger & try to poke the excess gasket into place with a blunt cocktail stick.
I'm not saying that your gaskets are the right size, but it could be worth another try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts