The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SCWF,

I have a King Seiko 5626-8001 that I am looking to get some replacement parts for. I see that some parts are for the 5626a and others just say 5626. The issue is that I have a 5626b movement. How interchangeable are these parts? Should I not buy a part unless the seller has specified that the part is for the 5626b?

Thanks for any help,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't realize the technical manuals were online. I think I can answer this question by comparing the respective part numbers between the 5626a and 5626b. It appears that 13 specific parts of the movement are not compatible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have gotten most of the parts that I need, but I could still use the forum's help on identifying the crystal part # for the 5626-8001. I can't figure this out from the technical manual and my googaling has gotten me nowhere.

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
You need crystal #300W76GN00, crystal gasket #DJ2990B04, and possibly a plastic bezel gasket #89997850. These "inside out" systems are tricky to do, even with the proper presses and dies. Without them and some experience I wouldn't recommend replacing the crystal yourself. You can see some diagrams here of the G-3, Snap-4 design: http://www.thewatchsite.com/d1/files/Casing Guide/03. Casing Guide.pdf

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amazingly helpful, thanks so much! I will take your caution and avoid doing the install myself.

I am not finding the crystal gasket, but according to this website I can use this part as an alternative.

Does that seem correct?

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
I've had enough enough problems getting a good fit and passing a water resistance test with a generic O-ring in that type of assembly that I'd recommend finding the correct original gasket. I seem to remember them having an odd cross-section ("D", perhaps?) and being a little softer than normal O-rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts