The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 5126-6030 sports diver for restoration. This relatively rare watch has a few manageable issues and the movement appears to be completely unmolested so I am thinking a good cleaning will solve most of them. Before I disassemble it for cleaning, I would like to find an oiling / assembly sequence chart as this automatic movement, derived from a 5106 movement is quite different than later Seikos with the magic level. I have located a copy of the materials list which I would be happy to post for anyone who wants it. Does anyone have access to and could post an assembly sheet or refer me to where one could be obtained.? Thanks. They just don't seem to be available from the usual sources.:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just recently serviced this caliber. No specific sheet available. You need to use the hi-res 5106 tech sheet which is available on this site.

There are a couple impossibly small springs in the day/date mechanism that are a real PITA...be very careful here because they can be easily launched into the ether never to be found again!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentleman. I did find the parts list for this caliber earlier. I suspect biggbubba is right that no specific service sheet is available for these calibers so Ill proceed with caution and take lots of photos. I did note the small springs in the calendar mechanism and I could see these are trouble waiting to happen. The calendar mechanism is where the problems are in this mechanism. It appears that someone got some sticky stuff like pepsi or something into the watch at some point which stuck the day and date wheel to the back of the dial.Otherwise, it appears it will run again with a good cleaning. Also, the hairspring was magnetized.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Bigbubba is definitely right, Seiko has a base calibre and then generally adds parts sheets that show the different ( not backwards compatible) parts.
Tech and parts sheets always give the base calibre at the top of the page.
For example 6119A, 6139B, 6105B are all 6106A base calibre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts