The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am planning to swap my 7S26C movement for the NH36A because it has hand winding.
I saw some videos of people swapping their 7S26C movement on the SNK809 with the NH36A.
So, I was wondering if the NH36A would fit on the SNKL23 and will the crown be detachable from the stem to be put on the NH36 stem.
Also, would the Black date wheel of the 7S26 movement fit the NH36 movement? Having a white date wheel would be a bummer.
Have anyone done this mod?
I would love to see some pictures as well.

·
Special Member
1,926 Posts
NH36 will work fine. The day/date wheels can be swapped from the original 7s26 movement to the new NH36. I have no idea if the crown on your original watch is a single unit with the stem, or if the stem threads in - you'll just have to remove it and see. The dial/movement spacing ring may be a different size - someone else may confirm, but I think that the dial spacer on divers is wider than the dial spacer for dress watches. Either way, I suspect you could use the dial spacer from your 7s26 on the new NH36 if the one that comes on the NH36 is too wide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update : I have looked at official parts list of the NH36A Movement and the 7S26C movement and it seems like the Date wheel part name is the same.
This confirms that I can fit my black date wheel from the 7S26C to the NH36A.
But, I have yet to confirm that the stem and crown is a 2 piece.
I will have to try this myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found the parts list of the NH36A and the 7S26C from the Seiko Official Repair Site and the TMI Time Module website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts