The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the warm reception I got in my recent Seiko 5 thread I thought I'd start another thread and ask to see your Seiko 5 mods.
I love my divers but I'm a tinkerer and the Seiko 5 line allows me to grab some very low cost watches to work on. At that price point they're also less precious so I'm not afraid to screw them up. As I search for Seiko 5 bargains that would make good modding platforms I've run across some very nice watches. For some of them I think a simple hands change would make them into real lookers.

[size=x-small]So can I see your Seiko 5 mods please?

Thanks.
I'll post mine again.

Seiko SNK809 watch with 10Watches pilot dial and B&XW orange hands

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah, let's talk about SEIKO 5 MODs.
Here are my two so far:
first one based on SEIKO 5 7S26-3170
before

[b]and after[/b]
[img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9239/naforum2gw.jpg

and the second one based SEIKO 5 RACER
before

[b]a[/b][b]nd[/b] [b]after[/b]
[img]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5827/naforum3a.jpg

all dials and hands from Noah Fuller 10watches.com

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
this is a terrible photo, but the only one I have available right now

I got a 5126 Rally Diver off of the TF with a totally DOA movement and dead dial - I found that 6106 & 6119 movement will drop directly into the case, no mods needed except for the use of a non-5126 caseback (it's too shallow) and a modified stem (6119 stem, 5126 crown) to get the day/date quickset to work.

Thus this 5126 Rally Diver became a Rally Fiver.

:)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
photoshooter said:
Based on the warm reception I got in my recent Seiko 5 thread I thought I'd start another thread and ask to see your Seiko 5 mods.
I love my divers but I'm a tinkerer and the Seiko 5 line allows me to grab some very low cost watches to work on. At that price point they're also less precious so I'm not afraid to screw them up. As I search for Seiko 5 bargains that would make good modding platforms I've run across some very nice watches. For some of them I think a simple hands change would make them into real lookers.

[size=x-small]So can I see your Seiko 5 mods please?

Thanks.
I'll post mine again.

Seiko SNK809 watch with 10Watches pilot dial and B&XW orange hands

[/quote]

More I see this one, the more I like it. :great:

Just lume the skeleton hands, and I'm sold. 1 please. ;D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe Jake and I could go into business together. He could make the hands then I could poke the centers out ;D
I'm planning to make an attempt to lume the skeleton hands (orange of course). Not sure how soon I can get to it but it's officially on the to-do list.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.