The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Can you help me? I bought a Seiko 5 SNK 619 perhaps a little too cheaply. It looks amazingly real. All the correct lettering in all the right places. It is marked with a 7S26 movement. But here's the thing: It hacks and winds! That means it's fake, right?

Thing is, it's keeping perfect time sitting inside my watch box beside a Rolex and matching it beat for beat. What do you say? It's a real stunner with a date and separate full day window, lovely silver dial, beautifully finished. But I should not be able to hack this watch. Should I?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Guys. Can you help me? I bought a Seiko 5 SNK 619 perhaps a little too cheaply. It looks amazingly real. All the correct lettering in all the right places. It is marked with a 7S26 movement. But here's the thing: It hacks and winds! That means it's fake, right?

Thing is, it's keeping perfect time sitting inside my watch box beside a Rolex and matching it beat for beat. What do you say? It's a real stunner with a date and separate full day window, lovely silver dial, beautifully finished. But I should not be able to hack this watch. Should I?
Where did you purchase it? Did the seller say it was new or pre-owned. It definitely should not hack and hand-wind unless a previous owner upgraded the 7S26 to a 4R36. It should have a display back and with the caliber engraved on the rotor. Does it say 7S26? I know you can't add pics yet so I just posting a stock image. There are an increasingly worrisome number of Feikos on ebay. And you're almost guaranteed to get a fake from Wish. Some of the fakes are of Seiko 5s but they aren't as commonly faked as SARBs. The fake SARBs all have legit Seiko NH35/4R35 movements in them so they do hack and hand-wind.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts

We would need to see pics.

There are an increasingly worrisome number of Feikos on ebay. And you're almost guaranteed to get a fake from Wish. Some of the fakes are of Seiko 5s but they aren't as commonly faked as SARBs. The fake SARBs all have legit Seiko NH35/4R35 movements in them so they do hack and hand-wind.
I beg to differ, there is a plethora of fake Seiko 5's coming out of India. eBay has pages and pages of them. They're even coming from other countries as people get scammed and then try to unload them to the next victim.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I beg to differ, there is a plethora of fake Seiko 5's coming out of India. eBay has pages and pages of them. They're even coming from other countries as people get scammed and then try to unload them to the next victim.
Fair enough. I should clarify my thoughts though. I still don't know if the OP bought a new or used watch but I was imagining new. The fakes I was referring to are new watches, mostly from China. The plethora of fakes from Indian ebay sellers are mostly not new. Most of them are frankens and redials as opposed to fakes. A lot of turtles and a lot of older 5's. And despite the sellers usually not being forthcoming about the watch, rarely are they being sold or marketed as new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you purchase it? Did the seller say it was new or pre-owned. It definitely should not hack and hand-wind unless a previous owner upgraded the 7S26 to a 4R36. It should have a display back and with the caliber engraved on the rotor. Does it say 7S26? I know you can't add pics yet so I just posting a stock image. There are an increasingly worrisome number of Feikos on ebay. And you're almost guaranteed to get a fake from Wish. Some of the fakes are of Seiko 5s but they aren't as commonly faked as SARBs. The fake SARBs all have legit Seiko NH35/4R35 movements in them so they do hack and hand-wind.

Thank you guys. It is indeed the watch shown in picture by Yinzburger. And yes, I confess I bought it in a moment of madness on Wish. It's just extraordinary though, the lengths someone has gone to replicate this watch. It only cost £35 which is of course, far too little. But all the reference markers are there and in the right places, the correct holes punched in the rotor alongside finishing on the movement itself. But it is a hacking and winding movement and I have been done. My first visit to a forum. I hope I have done it correctly.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
It looks legit, if it's got a later Seiko movement upgrade, all good, bargain. SNK have been in production for a long time, decades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts