The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Christmas Eve I had a very special treat. A fellow collector allowed me to borrow his collection of Brightz watches in order to do a photo review. Together with my own Brightz, I believe this is almost the complete collection of Brightz watches assembled at any one time. Do take note that these models were released in 2003/4 and cannot be found anymore. These are highly sought after due to their quality movements, enamel dials (which will never fade or tarnish with time) and font, which was recently resurrected in the SARG series.

I managed to take photos of each individual model plus a short write up which can be seen here http://musingsofawatchaddict.wordpress.com/2014/12/28/seiko-4s-8l-brightz-family-sagn005-sagn007-sagl001-sagl005-sagm007/if anyone is interested. I hope I'm not violating any forum rules by linking an external website here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks for the photos and the comprehensive write up. It is great to see these getting some love here.

These are fantastic looking models with excellent finishes and great dials. Unfortunately I do not find the current Brightz models as compelling.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the photos and the comprehensive write up. It is great to see these getting some love here.

These are fantastic looking models with excellent finishes and great dials. Unfortunately I do not find the current Brightz models as compelling.
I have to agree unfortunately. The 4s and 8L movements with Brightz titanium case are gems at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great to see the Brightz models getting some love these days. My very first "nice" Seiko was in fact a SAGN001 limited edition I bought from Seiya san a decade ago. I now have four very nice Brightz models: SAGN001, SAGN003, SAGN005 and SAGN007. The dials are great, and the movement accuracy is almost up to GS standards. Here are my babies....

John

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts