The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leaky Seiko 4205 that is in need of a drying out and at least some sort of waterproof fixing, not necessarily 150 meter but at least a pool swim. The watch is not a jewel so I'm looking for a relatively reasonable watchman that won't keep it for 6 months. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff​

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have a leaky Seiko 4205 that is in need of a drying out and at least some sort of waterproof fixing, not necessarily 150 meter but at least a pool swim. The watch is not a jewel so I'm looking for a relatively reasonable watchman that won't keep it for 6 months. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff​
Stating your location would be a good start. This is an international forum with people from all over the world, so what suits Joe Bloggs in Morocco might not suit you.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Maybe you location and some pictures and a little more discussion would do it for you.
Let people know who you are and it will start going for you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Any watchsmith worth his salt will be able to waterproof it for you, the stem problem might be a missing o ring which will explain the leaky watch. Sealing it for pool swims etc is a doddle, but now drying it out is altogether a different thing, depending on how wet it has got, if its just a bit of misting you should be ok, if however you have completly swamped it, then you will need it stripped and serviced ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bumping this up guys! Any estimate what a complete service should cost?[/QUOTE]
Any suggestions where I should sent it to? I'm in Pennsylvannia and brought it to the only watch repair near me and he said he couldn't do it.

·
Craftsman
3,719 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I sent a 4205 to the Seiko Service Center in NJ a few months back. It was 115.00 for a complete service and pressure test. Took about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly. Jack at IWW does excellent work. He has restored several watches for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts