The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently got another watch a vintage 4205. It is not working at the moment but is very clean on the inside. I understand it's considered a women's diver but I got it because it was cheap and I wanted a watch for when I'm around water. There's minimum scratches on the Crystal and the only real aging is the fade on the face. Any ideas on why it wouldn't be working. I understand you can't really tell unless you look at it physically but what are some common problems?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Im no expert, but id certainly be looking at that balance assy.
The stud arm looks to be way out of place and the regulator arm is off the scale.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies I actually just finished taking most of it apart and then reassembling it. Its not working yet but I haven't wound it alot yet. Could you explain what the stud arm is? I'm not completely familiar with all the parts yet. As far as the regulator arm how do I move this back in place?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Im no expert, but id certainly be looking at that balance assy.
The stud arm looks to be way out of place and the regulator arm is off the scale.
Hi
I think they are in the correct position, They look to be roughly where I'd expect for that caliber.
but then I would expect it to have a balance bridge rather than a c*ck so I'm not sure if its broken or the wrong balance or even the wrong movement.

seikola

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could be wrong but when I looked at the movement I thought I read 4205B. Again I could be wrong but I'll look again later.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I could be wrong but when I looked at the movement I thought I read 4205B. Again I could be wrong but I'll look again later.
hi
Did you get the caliber number from the rotor? as they are not always right being that they are easy to swap around.

seikola

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes thats correct :p I didn't pay that much for it so I'm not that concerned about the movement being different I had no intentions of selling it. But when I took it apart I didn't see any damage to the movement so this is really confusing me as to why its not operating. Of course I'm not a professional so I could have missed something. Thanks for clearing that much up for me though I appreciate any and all help!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
With a little wind on the mainspring I would remove the balance assembly and poke the pallet fork with a cocktail stick and see if it kicks. If it appears dead it indicates lack of power transmission to the escape wheel or dirty/oiled pallet fork pivots and the need for a strip down, clean and oil.

Bottom line, the best course is disassembly and close inspection for wear and faults.

I had one of these little movements a while back, they are sweet little things.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I've tried winding it up a few times to no avail. Also it would appear the winding weight is also not charging it which must mean something is going on in the balance assembly. Which would make sense considering that's the only part I didn't take apart cause I have no idea what to do about the spring in there once I need to reassemble it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I updated my previous post, and thank you I was able to remove the dial. Also is there a specific name for the NH05? I was unable to find one online.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
JFC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts