The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two or three years ago I acquired a Seiko EL-370 electro mechanical watch for 'spares' . Well it has been ticking away for the last couple of years on a shelf, with the second hand going round but the hands immobile, not even being able to be set as the crown won't turn in the setting position, jammed solid....

Well with isolation boredom setting in I decided to finally try to see what the problem was.....

With the hands, dial and day wheel removed we are getting nearer the problem.....

WemwBHL.jpg?1

Next stage was to remove the date wheel .......

xnapklW.jpg?2

Closer but still cant see the problem....

One level lower and all is revealed....

95pYVTb.jpg?2

A few more bits removed and the offending part....

The minute wheel which ........

a) a should be in one piece and not two

and

b) should have a full set of teeth......

7rMpepc.jpg?1

AAC7XTM.jpg?1

At this moment I can't find a parts list for the 3703 cal. so cannot find the part number for this piece, though I suspect we are talking unicorn droppings for rarity....

I suspect that the only source would be another movement. Does anyone on here have a dead 3703 movement that they would be willing to part with? I do have a complete, but non running, Seiko 3303 movement that is available for trade....

gv9d90R.jpg

lh6WuGh.jpg

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
There's a 37 and 3703b tech pdf in the archive, try #41 in the tech pdf section.
Peter Mone also uploaded the 3302 electro-mechanical movement factory manual
( seems very similar)
Part # 261510? On ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a 37 and 3703b tech pdf in the archive, try #41 in the tech pdf section.
Peter Mone also uploaded the 3302 electro-mechanical movement factory manual
( seems very similar)
Part # 261510? On ebay.
Many thanks for that, I found a listing on eBay for 261-510 from a seller in Italy that I have bought from before. Sadly he is 'away' at present and not trading, but hopefully when all this Covid-19 emergency is over it will be available....The 3302 technical file is brilliant, I currently have two non working blue dial 3303's and at last I have a starting point to attempt a repair (or two).....I do have a working 3303 as well:cool:

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to have lost an image in the original post and this new software doesn't seem to let me edit the post and add it again:mad:. Anyway here it is, you can just see the chewed up end of the minute wheel in it....

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
That doesn't look healthy!
I can edit my posts, using the three dot symbol, edit, add pics etc. I'm using an android phone.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That doesn't look healthy!
I can edit my posts, using the three dot symbol, edit, add pics etc. I'm using an android phone.
Just realised that, not yet used to this new software, was expecting to see a 'edit' button at the bottom where the 'reply' one is. As for the minute wheel, fortunately it appears to have been sacrificial and there is no obvious damage to the other two wheels that it meshes with......:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts