The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've been asked to reassemble this watch after the owner thought better of dismantling it further. Someone in the past has splodged glue on the dial spacer ring, dial and movement (and glued the date dial ring too...) to hold it together, but how should it be done?

You can see a trace of where dial feet should be, and the movement has the necessary screws - but no feet! It doesn't look like they've been filed off - there's no damage to the back of the dial that would indicate that - they're just flush copper dots. And why would anyone?

So, any suggestions other than 'splodge glue on it'?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Don't splodge glue on it... Credit to you for asking!

The best fix is to send it to someone that can solder back on new feet....I think Duncan (cannop) splashed out on this tool...............

You can buy dial dots though, these might be the simple solution for you? Personally I have never used them. I must though confess to using double sided tape very carefully placed, on one watch (the owner knows). This seemed the best alternative, certainly preferential to glue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom

I've contacted the chap you mentioned for a price. Failing that, I think glue-on dial feet, suitably filed, would be the best bet. With both day and date, there's precious little room for sticky pads!

Regards
John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi John,

I bought some dial dots for exactly the same reason and didn't use them. if you would like a few (I think I've got 200) just let me know and I'll post you some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts