The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really see them around on here and dont really see people talk about them online. That begs the question, why?

In my opinion they are one of the classiest pure dress watches Seiko has ever made. The watch has really surprised me in terms of quality and finish. You can really see they are a step above the standard 66 series hand winders we see quite often. And the watch is incredibly thin.

The 2220 movement is another marvel by the Daini factory. I think it is originally a womens movement but used in many male watches too. There are plenty models in the 33-35mm diameter which would be suitable for men too. Really nice hi-beat 24 jewel movement. A joy to look at.

So why is it they are being overlooked by the collection community?

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
It's because everyone's after the 2559! (Just kidding, that's another under-rated dress caliber, long may it stay.)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's because everyone's after the 2559! (Just kidding, that's another under-rated dress caliber, long may it stay.)
Haha :p

Compared to the 66 caliber watches i have had this is just so thin and elegant. Just something completely different from what i am used to from Seiko.

Really clean design. Beautiful watch.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
It seems that here people are only after divers :) BIG divers, not small and fragile watches like this one. Anyway, very nice design on this particular model, I might get one myself.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great watches, got mine back from the watchmaker yesterday. If you are a seiko enthousiast and are somewhat into dress watches a 2220 is a musthave imo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts