The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted to (PocketCalculatorShow.com Forums - The Nerd Watch Message Board - Wanted) on 15 September 2007

Back in 1999 Seiko released three models of analog-digital watches. All were esentially the same. Two were silver with one having a black patterned face and the other a white patterned face, and the third was all orange gold with a gold plain face. All three were remarkably thin (as thin as a typical analog watch). Each had an analog display at the top with seconds hand and seconds markers and the hour and minute hands were luminous (I think the markers were too). The digital display had the usual functions e.g. 12/24 hr, 1/100 sec stopwatch, daily alarm, hourly chime, day of the week, etc. The silver models had the standard grey background LCD, but the all gold model had, naturally, a gold background LCD.

I bought an all gold model in early 2000. I only had it a week though and took it back. If I remember there was a problem with the bracelet being too large for my small wrist even after it had been adjusted. Anyway I decide to go with a Citizen Eco-Drive all gold dress watch, which I still have. However 7 years later I want my Seiko back. I've tried everything to find one, but its difficult without knowing the model number. I've been into various jewelers and asked if they keep any old Seiko dealer catalogs, but no luck. I even emailed Seiko Australia, but never heard back.

If anyone here can help me track down this watch (in case with manual and in 'brand new' or 'unworn' condition, or as close too) I would be most grateful. Even if someone has this model and could at least tell me the model number that would be a great help. Additionally any photos of this watch or of the other two or even scans/PDF of the SEIKO (Australia) 1999 catalog would be appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey there!

The description of the watch you are looking for is very detailed, but the fact that Seiko released countless watches in that style makes it nearly impossible to find your special watch without a catalog from the exact time you were buying it.
You say it was released in 1999, so I think the hybrid movement that was used in this watch can only be a H601, even if this movement was released a long time before.
The movements H801 and H803 could fit in that era too, but I have never seen a thin Seiko dress watch using one of these movements, I only know of "thicker" sports style watches.

I would say, go and search for Seiko Ana-Digis with the H601 movement and maybe you will find your watch with some luck.

Happy hunting.

sharpie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts