The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

here is my father's old Seiko 0922-8010 that he bought in Japan way back in the mid-70s.
unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anymore.
anyone knows what battery it takes and if the movement can be repaired or replaced?
TIA.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
zenciti said:
hi all,

here is my father's old Seiko 0922-8010 that he bought in Japan way back in the mid-70s.
unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anymore.
anyone knows what battery it takes and if the movement can be repaired or replaced?
TIA.

Hi zenciti,

That is an interesting early quartz watch, the 0903's are more common than the 0922 from what I've seen on the internet, but they appear to be basically the same caliber (the 0922 having at least one difference of date only). The power cell you are looking for is #301. The movement is one that can be disassembled and cleaned, but if it needs parts, it might take some time and money to track them down, as they are officially discontinued for some time. Take care of it, that is a great looking watch, and of course it is even more special due to family ties.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the original outer card slipcase, presentation box, warranty card and hang tag that came with the watch.
The warranty card is dated 11 Dec 1975 from a shop called Wako Wako in Ginza, Tokyo.
Amazingly, my dad kept all of this for 35 years!

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
zenciti said:

[/quote]
Hi zenciti,
Thank you for posting those photos, it is always enjoyable to see how watches were presented when new. I notice in the photo above a small item in the box, laying next to the crown. Would that happen to be made of plastic, and wedge between the case and the crown when the crown is pulled out? That was somewhat common practice, especially when cell life was more limited like it was early on, though Timex still uses something like that to make sure the crown stays pulled out until purchased. If that is what that item is for, hows that for saving literally everything that came with the watch?! It could be something else, but that is what I think of when I see it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, the object you are referring to is exactly what you described.
I am always amazed at the things my folks hoard.
My dad also passed me his Tissot Seastar, together with the original purchase receipt dated 27 Aug 1960!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts