The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
I actually think it looks really great, colourful as well, not a lover of those hands as a rule but i think they work very good in there, would look good in a 6309-704X.

Your use of colours in the picture is nice as well !! that first picture is now my desk top wallpaper, did have a great 200m Orient picture before as wallpaper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheTigerUK said:
I actually think it looks really great, colourful as well, not a lover of those hands as a rule but i think they work very good in there, would look good in a 6309-704X.

Your use of colours in the picture is nice as well !! that first picture is now my desk top wallpaper, did have a great 200m Orient picture before as wallpaper.
thanks for that! i feel quite priviliged!

it is a tasty mod.... 8)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great mod, but I think the plongeur hand over shoots it. If the hand would complement the chapter ring - o.k., but like that it's too much. So my proposal would be to take a blck chapter ringor to take a "normal" hand.

Just my two cent, though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Though your pics look great, could you show the watch in a more normal and neutral lighting? It would be easier to judge the colors of the watch per se.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Love it! Very striking combinations. Thanks for sharing! 8)

Can you comment on the double chapter ring arrangement? I've never seen it done before and it looks great. Are the chapters simply stacked? Or did one of them have to be modified to fit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
STUMPBASS said:
Love it! Very striking combinations. Thanks for sharing! 8)

Can you comment on the double chapter ring arrangement? I've never seen it done before and it looks great. Are the chapters simply stacked? Or did one of them have to be modified to fit?
yeah....its stacked :D didnt think that it would work....but just using the normal 007 chapter showed the holes in the dial, and didnt look right....the 007 chapter ring didnt fit, so tried it with the 6309 chapter ring....and after a couple of attempts, it just sort of slotted in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mrteatime said:
yeah....its stacked :D didnt think that it would work....but just using the normal 007 chapter showed the holes in the dial, and didnt look right....the 007 chapter ring didnt fit, so tried it with the 6309 chapter ring....and after a couple of attempts, it just sort of slotted in.
Nicely done. I would have never thought of even trying that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts