The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I don't want to post a link to a live auction but....

Something about this doesn't seem right...Sellers pics

fekio.jpg

No Seiko I know of is swiss movement? Nor is the dial font correct...

fback.jpg

Where do I start with the caseback....

boxed.jpg

Scary thing is it comes in a box and some sucker is gonna think its real?:eek:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
That is awesome. :eek:

I like how you can adjust the world time inner bezel and that will change the month. :confused:

There are so many things wrong with it I do not even know where to start.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem is I really like the indices and hands :)

Item number is 381024701211

I dunno whether I should tell him its a feiko?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
It looks like an old Orient case?

·
Registered
812 Posts
when I was active in the Leica collecting community fakes were a problem then too but odd as it may seem some of the fakes began to attract a cult of collectors and to everyones surprise the prices went up over time for the better fakes

·
Registered
912 Posts
when I was active in the Leica collecting community fakes were a problem then too but odd as it may seem some of the fakes began to attract a cult of collectors and to everyones surprise the prices went up over time for the better fakes
Of course it did, becasue the buyers could sell the better fakes for more money as real ones.........

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know what you mean, I've had dabblings in the replica watch world, and I can tell you, that unless you seriously know what you are looking for you really cannot tell the difference, as for prices anything from $35 upwards to over $500 and people are paying those prices aswell.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You should see what Polish Bootleg Star Wars figures sell for, people go crazy for them. The odd thing is those same guys crucify anyone that has modern reproduction parts on their legit Star Wars figures :confused:.

Anyways, I digress.... that watch looks a bit like an ASEIKON to me. I see guys trying to sell them as original vintage all the time. I think most people just don't know the difference (I didn't once).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts