The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a T2 Typhoon for just over a year now, which is a great watch but comes on a MM style rubber strap as standard. Dagaz do not offer a bracelet option as this of course is dedicated to the TII version.

So I have been looking for a bracelet that will flatter the watch and fill the lug gap as well as the rubbser strap does.

I tried mesh to begin with which looks great, but still does not fill the gap enough.

Then I found a straight end bracelet which was an improvement and kept me happy for a while but it was still not perfect.

So I started looking for a 20mm oyster style bracelet with substantial end links and finally narrowed it down to either a monster or BFK kinetic bracelet. In the end I took a gamble on the BFK bracelet expecting that a little fettling would be required to make it fit.

I was surprised that in fact quite a bit of filing and fettling was required to seat the link correctly to allow the fat spring bars to align with the lug holes, but I think that the effort was worth it in the end and I think is the closest you may get without a bespoke solid end link for this watch.

Mark

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Need a wrist shot to really see how it lays. What was the source for this one and does it take 2.5mm spring bars or standard?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Saul,
That bracelet was a cheapie from an ebay seller called bandfever, around £10 including postage if I remember correctly. It is suprisingly good quality, but takes standard spring bars which is why the straight end link is a little too narrow for the Typhoon.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Here's mine with the BFK bracelet, like Mark i'm a bracelet guy and the mesh just didn't quite hit the spot for me either. I'd heard the BFK could be made to fit so i bit the bullet and got out the grinder!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andy,
Ah, seems great minds think alike! I took off the first wide flared link to narrow the bracelet where it joins the end link. It is a little daunting taking a file to the bracelet that you have just unwrapped, but worth it once it finally fits!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi Andy,
Ah, seems great minds think alike! I took off the first wide flared link to narrow the bracelet where it joins the end link. It is a little daunting taking a file to the bracelet that you have just unwrapped, but worth it once it finally fits!

Hmmmm... Taking off the first wide link is a clever touch, didn't think of that. I could do that then replace the thinner links from when I first sized the bracelet. I didn't buy a new one I just nicked one off my BFK and put that on a mesh.

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
With a little work I fitted an oyster bracelet to mine with a pair of JK's 6309-7040 endpieces adapted to fit. It's not easy but possible with the right method.

Been wearing it today, I changed my mind about rubber on a typhoon this is much better for comfort.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
That looks the business Mike

With a little work I fitted an oyster bracelet to mine with a pair of JK's 6309-7040 endpieces adapted to fit. It's not easy but possible with the right method.

Been wearing it today, I changed my mind about rubber on a typhoon this is much better for comfort.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I try to visualise your watch on yobokies' straight end BOR bracelet. Like this one. Maybe he even have the end pieces.

It looks good. :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mark50-
'Best' Anything resides in the Judgement and mind of the owner. Other people can only say something neutral so as not to discomfort the owner.
So 'Man Up' Mark -U tell us what U think and believe is the 'Best' watch bracelet for your special watch ! -And we will think about your choice without upsetting you by a thoughtless comment.
I like almost all the samples shown. I'll tell you I wear my 6309-7040 on a Seiko Jubilee band mostly and once in a while in the summer time put it on a rubber watch strap. So I am very adaptable and there is no 'Best' one for me - there is more 'sometimes this' and
'sometimes that' seems better.Whichever you choose-enjoy it ! It really is your Time U are watching as the seconds hand marches around your watch dial ! No 'other people Needed to tell you ,U made a good choice!
Later Amigos-Eli--One of the old Clockwatchers at thewatchsite-

·
Registered
235 Posts
Henryt- That is a stunning dial with custom hands combo lookalike of the Omega Seamaster 1000 Meter that you have had put together. Well done -how absolutely lovely on a Seiko 6139 ! Now to me that is just so Well Done and lovely to look at-and that Beads of Rice band is an 'oldy but Goody' made better than new for me ! I love to look at it-Clock Watching at its best,in my opinion ! -Nice Job-Amigo !----Eli

·
Registered
3,949 Posts

Mike's mod for the win:grin:
The others look good and will be comfortable but Mike's fills the gap like its meant to

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for bracelet options for my Dagaz T2 Typhoon and I saw PollyC's watch which looks amazing! Does anyone happen to know where I can buy those endlinks? How much filing did you have to do to get them to fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
They're getting tricky to get hold of, they were made for the 6309-704x models by the late Jonathan Koch aka swedefreak. Mike then modified them to fit the typhoon.

Good luck in finding some.

Sent via t'interweb thingy using magic n stuff....

·
Craftsman
3,719 Posts
Jonathan made them for both the 6105 in 19mm and the 6309 in 22mm..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for bracelet options for my Dagaz T2 Typhoon and I saw PollyC's watch which looks amazing! Does anyone happen to know where I can buy those endlinks? How much filing did you have to do to get them to fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)
You will need a pair of East Tech 22mm 6309 endlinks. Start off by reducing the width to 20mm to fit in between the Typhoon lugs and then you will be able to gauge how the link endpiece needs reprofiling. It will take patience and is not particularly easy but obviously is possible (I did it). Took me about an hour and a half of careful dremeling and fileing and fitting the endpieces regularly to check the progress. The interface with the head requires the endpiece to be feathered slightly.

Good luck:93:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts