The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off - it's not mine unfortunately! I'm selling for a lifelong friend - it's a 1967 Universal Geneve 'evil clapton' tri-compax, really a spectacular watch.

What are your thoughts on how to sell this? I'm assuming bank wire transfer and ship after funds definitively clear - but what about shipping??? I don't have insurance on the watch, and FedEx only insures up to $5k I think.

Have any of you dealt with places that buy watches for resale, like Tourneau, Hodinkee,, CrownCaliber, etc? That seems to be pretty straightforward though I'm sure they don't give you much for the watch.

TIA - this is why I stick to $200 Seiko's lol
oh...and here's the watch ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
My 2 cents would be TZ and watchnet as a venue to sell CONUS only, but first research recent sales and arrive at a realistic price, it is not a $25k watch unless you own a bricks and mortar or well known retail WIS site. Shipping via registered USPS insured is lock and key the whole trip and the cheapest insurance rates for a package because of the "accountability" of everyone who handles it. Be aware that packaging for registered requires a "sealed" package that they can use their cancellation stamp to mark as tamper proof, it really is a great service. GLWTS super nice watch

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
Hand deliver, Or the buyer can fly in to seal the deal, Nice watch :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts