The Watch Site banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week a fellowmember presented his scubapro 450 here in this forum.
I tried to google up some information but could find not much more than that sometimes you see 6309's on ebay with an aftermarket scubapro 450 dial.

So, now I'm asking the experts: what's so special about this watch?

·
Administrator
33,982 Posts
I'm no expert but i believe there was only a small quantity made especially for the dive company with that name so rarity is a big factor with them and they tend to fetch big $$$, i'm sure i read some were that they came on a special strap as well.

A few of the members on here have some really nice examples.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I personally like mine a lot...started with the 6309-7049 which is a wonderful watch,then I found out about the less common Japan only 6306-7001 which has a handy hacking feature and a cool blue Sat day wheel, and the 6306-7000 (even less common)
I then found the 6306-7001 Scubapro version which is quite :( hard to find.
The dial has the text change and it came with a Scubapro strap.

http://www.larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=0&id=1065415310

Mikes post above.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Most Scubapro's are rare but very intresting.

I don't have a Scubapro450 based on the 6306, but I managed to find a Scubapro500. (in this case 500 stands for meters and not feet)
.This one is from the middle to late 70's
I found an original "Isofrane Depose" strap a few years back.
The case looks very identical to the Eterna kontiki from the 70's / 80's

Seems that these were issued to the Danish or Norwegian forces..

If you do a search after Scubapro you will also find a very rare Scubapro Tuna Can, looks like the 7549-7009, but with a swiss movement in it. It has the same dial as my Scubapro 500. I think these are from early 80's.

Looks like Scubapro never build a watch but did some label marketing very early.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Luka that a great one you have there, I have looked for the other two Scubapro's but only half heartedly tbh...I saw one of the Tuna versions on Ebay a while ago but the shroud was missing :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Barry said:
Luka that a great one you have there, I have looked for the other two Scubapro's but only half heartedly tbh...I saw one of the Tuna versions on Ebay a while ago but the shroud was missing :(
I am pretty positive I have a few of these NOS shrouds in stock...also a used one. ;)

Never seen such a Scubapro Tuna IRL, only on pics but I am sure these cases are from Seiko.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I wish I knew that before..I would have put a decent bid on it :D

I will ask you next time I see one!

Luka-San said:
I am pretty positive I have a few of these NOS shrouds in stock...also a used one. ;)

Never seen such a Scubapro Tuna IRL, only on pics but I am sure these cases are from Seiko.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Actually the shroud on the ScubaPro tuna is steel and rather heavy lol (mine in pic). I "wish" it was titanium but it ain't. I think there may have been some sort of quid pro quo (Seiko & ScubaPro) as I believe these were made at exactly the same time as the 6306 SP 450's. Just a NEAT watch all the way around. Cheers-Ronbo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts