The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Scubapro 450 owners out there? I'm just curious to see a sampling of the Scubapro range, w/ years. Here's mine:
I think it's a '76.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a nice one! I'll have to dig the 450 back out tomorrow, and see what the SN is. Maybe I can post a few more pics. tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
A real Scubapro from April '88 and a fake picked up from fleabay.

Scubapros.JPG

My Scubapro runs fine, but i'd like to give it a service - I sent it off once to get a service, but the watchmaker (in Perth) wouldn't service it - "Hard to get parts and if i can't make it perfect, I don't want to touch it".

Jeeze, i supplied a new crystal, NOS hands, a spare movement (from a 6306 dress watch) for parts and a set of gaskets! I don't want it perfect anyway - I mainly just want the movement serviced - oh well, I'll get around to it one day.

I have to be careful what i say around here, i could get myself cast out of the Seiko club, but i've never really bonded with this type of diver. I've got a couple of original 7040s (from beat up to close-to-mint) and these Scubapros, but I much prefer a 6105. The 6105 feels better on the wrist, looks better and has a bit more of a story behind it.

Hmmm, maybe I'm just in need of a decent band/bracelet - my small wrists and the huge long standard Seiko rubber band don't really agree. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Great to see more and more, thanks for sharing. How about a rubber strap model no. 284 from Bonetto Cinturini? Looks mostly identical to the flat vent Seiko rubber strap but is a little bit shorter. It's also made of natural rubber (IIRC) so it feels and wears much better than any oem rubber strap imho.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Bobs bad bad watch, still loves it, sorry.....:(.....Bob.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Here is mine,old photo from my archive so i don't remember the SN right now.
~Purchased from Mike Mounce approx 3yrs back...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts