The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

The following are some points that keep comming up in the SCTP that we thought would be worth while addressing where everyone could read them:

1. When listing an item for sale, please check the SCTP rules to make sure that your post includes what the SCTP requires. Particularly, make sure your post includes the price in the title; a proper description of the item's condition (not just TZ's percentage rating); a picture of the actual item being sold; and your shipping requirements; and

2. Please DO NOT REPLY TO POSTS IN THE SCTP. If you need to contact a seller, send him a personal message through the forum's built in PM system. in that way the seller Will not only get your message, but will also get a notification of it the next time he is on the forum, and he will get a notification and a copy of your message sent to his e-mail address. IN other words, the seller WILL get your message and they no longer have the excuse of saying that they didn't get it or that it went to the spam folder.

Thanks so much for your time.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
thesharkman said:
g,

is there a way to see a seller/buyer's email? maybe i'm missing it, but i don't see it. thx.

<* shark >>><
The member has to have enabled the "allow members to email me" option for you to see their email.

A regular PM can be sent to anyone. To do this, click on the little thought bubble looking icon under their avatar or you can go to their profile and select send personal message. That person will receive a notification to their email that they have a PM and they will also receive a notification of the PM when they log onto the site.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thesharkman said:
g,

is there a way to see a seller/buyer's email? maybe i'm missing it, but i don't see it. thx.

<* shark >>><
To add to what john said, we have intentionally set up the system defaults so that individual e-mail addresses, other than your own, are not visible to other members. The same applies to IP addresses. We set the system up this way for security reasons and to protect member privacy. Unless you specifically provide your e-mail address or change your account settings to make it visible, no one but the staff will be able to see it. By doing this, you won't get hit by spammers who got your address from the site, or trolls who felt the need to e-mail you through the site.

As john said, the PM system allows for communication between members. Any PM sent to another member also generates a copy of the message and a a notice which are automatically sent to that recipient's e-mail. They also get a notice here on the forum. In other words, the only way another member would not get a PM from you is if they intentionally chose to ignore it - the system is set up so that they WILL get the message.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
The PM icon/symbol looks like this

[quote=thesharkman]
g,

<* shark >>><
[/quote]

·
Special Member
1,957 Posts
ah ok, thanks. i saw and knew how to pm, but was never a fan of it, on any forum, but i guess it is what it is.... =]

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Maybe so, but it is a sure-fire way to get a message to a fellow forum member (or is that forum fellow member? :-[)

thesharkman said:
ah ok, thanks. i saw and knew how to pm, but was never a fan of it, on any forum, but i guess it is what it is.... =]

<* shark >>><

1 - 9 of 9 Posts