The Watch Site banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
28,585 Posts
This was news to me and quite Shocking! Ebay is now making it even more difficult for sellers. Sellers pay all the fees and shoulder all the burden and risks associated with shipping and bad buyers. Adding this extra layer of burden and risk to sellers (without them knowing) is IMO wrong and unfair.
And this is why for a few years now I will not consider selling on eBay, at the watch fairs the buyer touches, feels, barters and if he buys pays and thats it, might sell for considerable less but no hassle for the seller (me) and I don't want hassle :)

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Perhaps as buyers are buying on the Yahoo Japan platform and not Ebay then Japanese buyers simply do not have the same Buyer Protection as Ebay buyers. If as stated previously YJ buyers cannot make claims or return items then this would make it more reasonable!

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
And this is why for a few years now I will not consider selling on eBay, at the watch fairs the buyer touches, feels, barters and if he buys pays and thats it, might sell for considerable less but no hassle for the seller (me) and I don't want hassle :)

Very Wise Sir and I agree 100%. As I get older I simply do not want unneccesary hassles in my life and try to avoid problems and bad buyers whenever possible. The willingness to accept less money for less hassle is a wonderful tradeoff. Peace of Mind is Priceless!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I actually"bought" my item that Saltotheworld had scam relisted to see how the process worked. However Yahoo Japan immediately stopped the purchase.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I actually"bought" my item that Saltotheworld had scam relisted to see how the process worked. However Yahoo Japan immediately stopped the purchase.
Well it looks like I am in great company if they did this to you my friend
I had no idea the extent of all of this
Thank u for alerting me to this
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Could it be possible that you were not a registered Buyer located in Japan and that is why YJ immediately stopped the purchase. I really would like to know how the reseller (saltotheworld) completes a transaction :confused:

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Could it be possible that you were not a registered Buyer located in Japan and that is why YJ immediately stopped the purchase. I really would like to know how the reseller (saltotheworld) completes a transaction :confused:
Me too...
i would love to know what happens when they attempt to sell my item
God Bless,John
Someone should ask for more pics or measurements
Something they don't have access too

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You could look at it from a positive point of view in so much as your item is getting a lot of publicity so you may end up with a sale :)
Well I had not thought of that
I was worried someone gets scammed out of their funds ...
especially due to my pics
I guess I will also look into adding a watermark into all of my pics too
I wonder how hard that is to do
Never had this problem in all the years I have posted pics
God Bless,John

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I read the shop airlines website about how they operate and it is completely confusing. Any ebay seller can state "No Returns" on a listing but they still have to accept buyer returns if directed by Ebay - Item Not As Described (INAD). Most confusing is this:

Q. What happens if the item arrives in Japan and a customer makes a claim for the item?

A. Shop Airlines will make the refund to the customer and does not require a refund from the sellers as long as they have shipped us the correctly described items.

IMO this is total BS. The reseller knows how Ebay works and knows that they can use the "Item Not as Described" claim for almost any reason and receive a full refund from a seller (including shipping costs both ways). Does anyone believe that the reseller is planning on taking a loss on any item. Of course not. Whenever a buyer makes a INAD claim the reseller will try their best (and in most cases succeed) in getting the money back from the seller.

Also once a buyer realizes that they have paid 2x the price the seller originally offered the item on Ebay I believe buyer claims will be much higher than normal. No one likes to get scammed so I am quessing that once buyers realize that they have grossly overpaid they will then make higher-than-normal claims using "Item Not as Described" in order to get their money back. Regardless of what the website says the original seller will more than likely be making a total refund to the buyer including paying shipping costs (both ways) for any INAD claim.

I can only see resellers as an impending nightmare for good and honest sellers!

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Once again directly from the website:

Q: What does an "Allied partner of eBay" mean?
A: It means we have the right to introduce and sell items on eBay through our website.

One would need to check with Ebay to confirm this but I believe this also might be total BS.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Once again directly from the website:

Q: What does an "Allied partner of eBay" mean?
A: It means we have the right to introduce and sell items on eBay through our website.

One would need to check with Ebay to confirm this but I believe this also might be total BS.
That sounds like b.s. too but anything is possible
I will contact them and ask
God Bless and appreciate all the info my friend truly...John

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Since the reseller is selling the items directly on Yahoo Japan and not acting as a buying service/agent (with its own set of rules that govern purchases by buyers) I think it would be very helpful to know:

How does Buyer Protection work on Yahoo Japan and is it the same or different than Buyer Protection on Ebay?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I really can not see how this would work?

Perhaps the reseller sells an item he does not own and collects the money from the buyer. Reseller then goes into his ebay account and temporarily changes his ship to address to the new buyers address. Reseller then buys the item from the owner with order details showing the new buyer's shipping address. Owner then ships directly to the buyer thus avoiding the need to ship to the reseller/double shipping. Reseller just changes his ship to address to the new buyer address before every purchase.
My daughter, who sells coins on eBay, has had several instances of this, from a couple of 'buyers' who are selling on and getting her to ship direct to their customers. She makes sure that she puts documentation in the package, to the second generation buyer, showing the price that she has had for the item and details of her account prompting them to get back to her for a better price on any future items that they want....;)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts