1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well thanks to the keen eye of GrammerofDesign ...he found this
seller is Saltotheworld_2008
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k438166540
i would not normally post anything live....
but THIS IS MY ITEM AND IN MY HANDS.....
please do not bid on this as they can not send this to you and u will be scammed
i am trying to get the listing pulled and they tell me maybe seller has one like you
i tell them it is MY PICS
they can not have same identical condition 6105 bezel
just be careful out there
sorry for any hassles if anyone was looking at this
God Bless,John

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Unfortunately resellers are a new and evolving retail phenomenon. Some sellers now advertise items for sale that they do not own. Once an order is taken it is forwarded to big retailers like Amazon where it is processed.

What I do not understand about watch internet resellers is how an order is processed. Reseller sells an item that he does not own. Reseller collects money from buyer and then sends money to owner of the watch and pockets the price difference.

I would think shipping and returns would be a disastrous nightmare. After receiving payment watch owner ships the watch to reseller who then ships to buyer??? How is a return managed?

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can see this with new items but how do u list vintage items you do not own?
What happens if they get sold before u sell them?
It sounds like madness and scamming at the highest level
Makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would try and dell something the do not own
Appreciate the insight
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Unfortunately resellers are a new and evolving retail phenomenon. Some sellers now advertise items for sale that they do not own. Once an order is taken it is forwarded to big retailers like Amazon where it is processed.

What I do not understand about watch internet resellers is how an order is processed. Reseller sells an item that he does not own. Reseller collects money from buyer and then sends money to owner of the watch and pockets the price difference.

I would think shipping and returns would be a disastrous nightmare. After receiving payment watch owner ships the watch to reseller who then ships to buyer??? How is a return managed?
Considering lots of folks use proxy sites to buy off YJ, it's unlikely that a buyer could return a damaged product. This makes it less risky for the middle man and he makes money too.
And if the item on ebay gets sold before YJ he still gets away with it. Ive already had 2 items I won on YJ that was never delivered by the seller to the proxy so I'm guessing this is going to become a regular occurance.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I could understand reselling working with any new item. Reseller takes an order and then forwards the order to a retailer (for example Amazon) and then Amazon processes, ships, and handles any return directly to and from the buyer.

But how would a watch reseller get a used vintage secondhand item from owner to buyer without first shipping it to the reseller. I would think that any watch owner selling on ebay would not be able to ship directly to the final buyer but would be required by ebay rules to ship to the reseller.

I can only see this working by double shipping which would create both a shipping and returns nightmare!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think this only works with "buy it now" items, not auction items. This guy is prolific, he re-lists all kinds of watch auctions, selling for a much higher price than the original seller. Suckers buy from him, and as soon as he has payment, he buys from the original seller. It seems like shipping would take forever.

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Suckers buy from him, and as soon as he has payment, he buys from the original seller. It seems like shipping would take forever.
I really can not see how this would work?

Perhaps the reseller sells an item he does not own and collects the money from the buyer. Reseller then goes into his ebay account and temporarily changes his ship to address to the new buyers address. Reseller then buys the item from the owner with order details showing the new buyer's shipping address. Owner then ships directly to the buyer thus avoiding the need to ship to the reseller/double shipping. Reseller just changes his ship to address to the new buyer address before every purchase.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't really pondered the logistics, I just assumed he re-shipped, but what you've suggested seems much more straightforward.

Anyway, I see his listings all over my YJ proxy when I'm browsing vintage Seikos. Stupid prices for every one of his re-lists.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't think drop shipping would work out if the end buyer is using a proxy to surf YJ. Since I believe proxy only accepts package shipped within Japan? Either way I see low risk to the reseller. The proxy I use is Remambo and they specifically state that once an item is delivered to me they don't care if it's a fake or INAD product they won't accept returns either way.

Update: it occurred to me that the reseller or scammer could take further advantage by doing an fake INAD with the ebay seller. That way they get to keep the money from the eBay seller and make a profit.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well thanks to the keen eye of GrammerofDesign ...he found this
seller is Saltotheworld_2008
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k438166540
i would not normally post anything live....
but THIS IS MY ITEM AND IN MY HANDS.....
please do not bid on this as they can not send this to you and u will be scammed
i am trying to get the listing pulled and they tell me maybe seller has one like you
i tell them it is MY PICS
they can not have same identical condition 6105 bezel
just be careful out there
sorry for any hassles if anyone was looking at this
God Bless,John
Not just your bezel John, but currently a total of 242,043 items cloned from eBay. :eek:hmy:

See: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/saltotheworld_2008

They aren't a scammer (as such) and the blame lies with eBay.

I first stumbled across them a year ago. Here's a brief explanation I posted in a thread on my forum:

FWIW - Although long since disappeared into the ether, this is what prompted the discussion on my forum at the time.

The original eBay listing by US eBay seller psrtyinmyhair:

And the cloned version of his listing by salttotheworld_2008 on Yahoo Japan:

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
Thinking about how buyer returns would work it actually would be be much easier than I originally thought. And Shocking at the same time. As we all know Ebay favors the buyer and in case of a buyer claim of Item Not As Described Ebay will almost always side with the buyer and force the seller to accept its return. Any seller knows that a buyer can use INAD for any reason - Ebay will side with the Buyer. Seller not only has to refund the buyer the original shipping cost but also has to pay for return shipping. The original seller would be responsible for shipping both ways. Reseller would have to pay for Nothing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I would agree that this could only work with a fixed price/buy it now auction so the reseller knows exactly how much to mark up his price.
From my previous post - with almost 50,000 new items automatically listed within the last hour, they must be using a fixed % mark-up algorithm. ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Make a huge offer on your own item, and then when they try to buy it from you ............
Amusing idea, I agree, but I'd be very wary of trying it myself. With the covert connection between eBay and the Sekaimon interface, you might find the process is semi-automated and end up getting billed for the dubious privilege of buying your own item for an inflated price. :undecided:

PS - The Logistics looks interesting: https://www.sekaimon.com/static/about-shopairlines/index.html

PPS - Worth checking out the Q&A's too:

Q What does an "Allied partner of eBay" mean?
A It means we have the right to introduce and sell items on eBay through our website.

(actually meaning via proxy sellers like salttotheworld_2008 on Yahoo Japan, rather than on Sekaimon) ....

Q Why do they have multiple user IDs?
A We have multiple accounts in order for us to process the orders placed by our customers and the payments to the sellers as smoothly as we can.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Make a huge offer on your own item, and then when they try to buy it from you ............
Well that would be so much fun
Get them all excited on a sale only to say
Sorry I sold it to someone else

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well this seems like orchestrated scamming at a level I never expected I am going to change to no overseas shipment
So they can not purchase from me
All of my listings are As Is No Returns
As I got burned once selling parts and people complained it was not working camera parts
Thankfully EBay sided with me as pics and description were very clear
They advised me to do this too
Over 12 years ago
Very sad world we deal with when people like this exist and try and mislead us all
Appreciate all the info from everyone
God Bless,John

·
Special Member
2,326 Posts
I think you may be missing the point, John. EBAY itself is sanctioning and covertly indirectly encouraging this !
This was news to me and quite Shocking! Ebay is now making it even more difficult for sellers. Sellers pay all the fees and shoulder all the burden and risks associated with shipping and bad buyers. Adding this extra layer of burden and risk to sellers (without them knowing) is IMO wrong and unfair.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts