The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted others to wallow in my grief with lol. As of five minutes ago I won an auction on Our Favorite Auction Site for an NOS SBSS019 coffee dial Sushi Roll Re-Issue, but unfortunately I didn't meet the reserve. I won't say what I offered, but I know these watches go for a bit of a premium that I probably can't meet and while I did reach out directly to the seller I doubt I can match the number he's got in mind.

Alas, today is most likely not the day my Sushi Roll collection grows

UPDATE: As a bonus screw you, the guy just relisted the watch with a 10 day period, a $1 starting bid and, of course, a reserve. Classy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I hate reserve auctions ... seems like my perception of the item’s value rarely aligns with the seller’s.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Reserve auctions is the dumbest thing. You wont take less than $300 but you start the bidding at $10, then don't sell it because the reserve wasn't met. It's a waste of everyone's time. If you wont take less than $X then start the bidding at that price.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Reserve auctions is the dumbest thing. You wont take less than $300 but you start the bidding at $10, then don't sell it because the reserve wasn't met. It's a waste of everyone's time. If you wont take less than $X then start the bidding at that price.
EXACTLY

Except with a reserve auction you can sell to the highest bidder if you so choose. If you start at $X and no one bids you don't have that option. For which you waste your money of a larger Listing Fee.

Stupid waste of everyone's time.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Mostly I list stuff on eBay BIN with Offers.
If I'm way over what it's worth the sound of tumbleweed blowing down the street let's me know I'm being over optimistic. The once I listed something auction style with a reserve was cause I thought it might go for stupid money. It didn't. I got a fair price though.
I'd put a bid in for the same amount and if your high bidder again maybe the guy will realise he's being daft with his price.
Mind you...some if the prices I see on **** on eBay beggars belief.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I’d post an addendum to this. The relisted auction ended today... I won it again, this time for even less than the first auction. Still didn’t hit the reserve

Messaged the seller again, though I’m starting to wonder if he/she isn’t answering because they’re based in Austria and don’t speak English or because they’re just a jerk

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thought I’d post an addendum to this. The relisted auction ended today... I won it again, this time for even less than the first auction. Still didn’t hit the reserve

Messaged the seller again, though I’m starting to wonder if he/she isn’t answering because they’re based in Austria and don’t speak English or because they’re just a jerk
Very funny, I never got an answer from you when I wrote you back as you did require about my sushi roll... And no I am not the seller of this watch.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very funny, I never got an answer from you when I wrote you back as you did require about my sushi roll... And no I am not the seller of this watch.
Oh wow, I’m sorry. I was in the middle of a cross-country move and honestly thought I had gotten back to you. I didn’t mean to leave you hanging by any means

1 - 11 of 11 Posts