The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
34,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wearing the Snowflake 18/7 for the last 7 days and having just checked the time keeping against the atomic clock it is showing it is running a tad over 1 second fast over the 7 days or +0.16SPD, is that acceptable, should I try and live with it ? :)

With the watch being less than 100grms in weight it is a pleasure to wear.

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
First Lady
2,113 Posts
I doubt it’s off, at all. When I check my watches against the atomic clock, using my iPad, I get a message that my device (iPad) time is off by about +0.16 SPD……

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
8,453 Posts
Ha! Excellent dry humor I surely do hope.

I had the 9R15 "higher accuracy" version in the Limited Edition SBGA109 (same case and bracelet, a few upgrades in finish) which used the the "selected for best accuracy" quartz oscillator in the otherwise same 9R65, in the only month long test I ever gave it, she gained 3 seconds. That's 0.1 spd.

John wasn't your 8L35 MM300 something nutty perfect like 1 second per month or such?

Who needs "COSC" when you can have "CASD" or "Certified Amazing Spring Drive" ? LOL

·
Administrator
34,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason automatics seem to run very accurately on me Jon, I am beginning to think its something to do with the fact my pulse rate averages 48/50 pm, don't know why but it could be, even the BB58 was better than 1 SPD and thats a crappy old Tudor :)

John wasn't your 8L35 MM300 something nutty perfect like 1 second per month or such?

·
Special Member
8,453 Posts
For some reason automatics seem to run very accurately on me Jon, I am beginning to think its something to do with the fact my pulse rate averages 48/50 pm, don't know why but it could be, even the BB58 was better than 1 SPD and thats a crappy old Tudor :)
My Datejust Caliber 3135 ran for 3+ years at a steady 0.7 spd variance when always running, either on the wrist or on a winder. Now it is a rotation watch and only started occasionally, a quick TG test showed well within COSC by a country mile but not the same unearthly level of accuracy.

Now why do we worry anyway ? They are darn good timekeepers, close enough is enough for me.

·
Administrator
34,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have now been wearing the Snowflake for 14 days and it is about 2.25 seconds plus over the 14 days so about 0.16 SPD, I can live with that :)

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Grey

Reactions: Jim W

·
Special Member
3,494 Posts
I think that we need some Chuck Norris humor here. Your Spring Drive is perfectly correct. The atomic clocks need to adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts