The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Yodobashi Akiba this weekend (picked up a SD Tuna for a great price with the strong $) and also grabbed a Seiko catalog. In the lower right hand corner of the attachment you can see the new SBDC023 Orange Monster, which comes out next month (in Japan anyway). At first glance the difference appears to be the hour markers are similar to the original Monster, and it's date-only. Anyone else tracking this release?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Interesting. Also looks like new model numbers for the recently released SUN0xx Prospex kinetic 'tuna' divers (SBCZ021 looks like SUN019)? Can you tell if there's a different number for what was the SUN021 in other parts of the catalog?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this particular catalog the SBCZ021 is the only Prospex Kinetic shown. Perhaps SUN021 is the model # for the international version?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Interesting to see the JDM release of the kinetic SBCZ021 is not out till Jan 15, I guess they are still trying to meet demand from international markets.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
So the new new monster has a new new heart! a 6R15 looks to beat within it's case.
If you look carefully underneath it, it says +25 -15 which are 6R15 spec tolerances.
So finally the old SKX's are getting top spec transplants.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Not the 4R35 (3 hands and date display)?
No - as I already said - 6R15 Daily rate +25s/-15s , the 4R35 is +45s/-35s

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
In the first picture i thought both 60,000 ?
It was the same, John. But it was the SBDC001, the anniversary one with the throwback parts is 20,000 more.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It was the same, John. But it was the SBDC001, the anniversary one with the throwback parts is 20,000 more.
Well looky there? 2 sumo's? SBDC001 and SBDC027? Not loving the 12 o'clock marker for the SBDC027, if that's actually a Sumo (case looks to be so).

+1 on the comment on the 'X' on the dial. One of the reason I have not enjoyed the '5' line as much is the more cluttered dial. I get that they're trying to get the brand out there, but I think the 'X' isn't a good addition. Just my $0.02

1 - 20 of 38 Posts