The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the CR2412 with the plastic/paper insulator/conductive strips on them.

Is there any other place that has them other than Seiko? I am ASSUMING that when I tell Seiko 8F35 and SBCM023 they should know to send me the battery with the strips on it, right? They want $15 for the battery and $7 shipping.

Now. Should I be worried?

I got my watch 1/2011. It may have been floating around for 6 months before that between two other owners though it was in box as new, sealed, when I got it.

It's gone back and forth twice now between "Normal" and the 2 second advance. It stayed stuck on 20 (Date) for 3 days (doing the 2 second deal) before it went back to 1 sec advance and the correct date.

It looks like my battery has only lasted 4 (or so) of the EIGHT years it should have lasted. My battery date tick on the rear is between the 4th tick of 17-18.

How worried should I be?

Much Thanks in advance,

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

·
Registered
88 Posts
A search on Ebay for 301A 95N0 will show genuine Seiko batteries for a few $ less than what you've been quoted. No idea of freshness, no connection to the seller, not an electrical engineer, professional driver on a closed course, your mileage may vary and I only rarely stay in a Holiday Inn Express.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A search on Ebay for 301A 95N0 will show genuine Seiko batteries for a few $ less than what you've been quoted. No idea of freshness, no connection to the seller, not an electrical engineer, professional driver on a closed course, your mileage may vary and I only rarely stay in a Holiday Inn Express.
I am not familiar with the numbers you searched on.

Here is the battery I ordered from Seiko a couple hrs ago.

http://www.livesaysinc.com/newItems/CR2412.html

Here it is for $2 cheaper than Seiko. For $2, for this use, I'll stick with the factory.
http://www.batterybob.com/product.asp?intProdID=752526

There Are Panasonic CR2412s that are only the usual $3-4 but they don't have the insulation area the stock battery does.

This watch is too hard to replace and the changes Are Supposed To Be 8 years apart. I decided not to take any chances.

I'm STILL a bit worried that an 8 year battery only lasted 4 years but I guess the major objective at the moment is to get the battery replaced before it dies and the perpetual calendar has to be reset. (PIA)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I wouldn't be too surprised if teh battery comes without the insulator. But you can remove the one on teh existing battery and reuse it. I have done that many times.

Sorry - how do you know its only lasted 4 years?

If it is correct then 4 years is low. Most of mine last a good 10 or 12 years. But it could have been a dodgy/old battery that was in it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Noddy.

thianwong, I had seen an earlier version of the same vid, yours is a better, clearer version.

Barry, I hear you but you only have 3 minutes with the battery out to get the insulation off the old one and on the new one. I'd like to not have to reset the perpetual calendar if I didn't have to.

On the age, First, the factory puts a dit mark on the back when they think you will need a battery, mine is just shy of (20)18. I bought it from a member here in Jan of '11. He got it from Another member here but only held it for a couple days before offering it to me. It came sealed in Blue still. I don't think owner #1 had it but for a few months. This 2010 time frame semi jibes up with the factory dit mark just shy of 2018 for a 8 year battery. [EDIT;] I am presuming the battery going bad here is the original battery.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I need the CR2412 with the plastic/paper insulator/conductive strips on them.

Is there any other place that has them other than Seiko? I am ASSUMING that when I tell Seiko 8F35 and SBCM023 they should know to send me the battery with the strips on it, right? They want $15 for the battery and $7 shipping.

Now. Should I be worried?

I got my watch 1/2011. It may have been floating around for 6 months before that between two other owners though it was in box as new, sealed, when I got it.

It's gone back and forth twice now between "Normal" and the 2 second advance. It stayed stuck on 20 (Date) for 3 days (doing the 2 second deal) before it went back to 1 sec advance and the correct date.

It looks like my battery has only lasted 4 (or so) of the EIGHT years it should have lasted. My battery date tick on the rear is between the 4th tick of 17-18.

How worried should I be?

Much Thanks in advance,

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Yes you can get a Seiko battery 301A95N1 from Jules & Borel. Just order the battery they have listed as a CR2412 and they will send you a Seiko OEM battery with the insulator already attached. This is the one I have in my inventory that I ordered from Jules & Boral

According to the tech manual this battery should last 8 years in the 8F35 movement. It has a shorter life in other and as long as 10 years in some other movements. There is a very specific way the battery has to be installed on the perpetual calendar watches otherwise you have to reseat the whole watch if you don't.

Michal

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Goo dto see it comes with the sticker.

I have heard that one gets 10 mins before they need to be reset. But tbh i have removed and replaced batteries that were giving the 2 second tick, in less than a minute and still had to reset the watch. But the reset procedure is not too bad.- there are down loads around - but make sure you get the right one as some make it more complicated than others. I do about one a month - and it takes about 4 mins.
The worst thing about these are getting teh old battery old and the new one in.

Its easy to damage the coil when getting it out . And just be careful to get the 4 or 5 retainers in teh correct position when putting the new one in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts