The Watch Site banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I hate these type posts, but only because I love my dog more than most people. Cried like a baby when I've had to do it with my previous baby girl. The one I have now will be unimaginably hard to deal with when the time comes

My condolences.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So sorry for you mate, I know how you feel.

I've lost dogs over the years but one thing that eases the pain a little is a new pup.

It won't replace Shelby but will give you something else to love.

All the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I have been in that position myself but you did the right thing. She is out of pain and has crossed the rainbow bridge as they say. All you can do is remember the happiness and love she gave unconditionally to you.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
This is so terribly sad. I teared up when I saw her picture. It reminded me of losing our last dog, before getting our latest, in our house fire. We do have his cremated remains under a bush in our yard that we planted for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We got her ashes yesterday. The crematory was very thoughtful in saving her paw print, a lock of her hair, and a sympathy card signed by the whole staff at Copeland Vetrinary. It was a tough day but we have her back and we can finish grieving now. Thank you for all the responses and my heart goes out to all of you that have been through the same.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yesterday my wife decided it was time to make our house whole again. She saw a young fella on the animal shelter website, good looking boy that had been there for almost 3 months. We went and met him and it wasn't a difficult decision to rescue this poor boy. He's an American Staffordshire Terrier, about 18 months- 2 years old. He has such a mild a well mannered disposition and is already house trained and will sit, lay down, and roll over. He doesnt pull on his lead when walking and instantly comes to my right side when commanded to heal. He doesnt pay much attention to other animals including the neighbors cats. Already bonding with my grandson, and was a perfect gentleman at the pet store today. I dont know why somebody didn't already adopt this sweet boy, but it was our gain. My wife is already doing better and we are still mourning the loss of our Shelby Doggie, but having a fur baby in the house is helping us cope a little better. He'll never replace our girl but he will have his own place in our house and hearts. This is Tor and I feel better knowing we were able to save another dog from the pound.

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
that looks like one happy pooch. Congrats bud.

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Hi Zeke,
Meet my Girl Stormy she's a 2 year old Am-staff, who was left with us for a week prior to being shipped back to New Zealand. (The step-daughter booked her on a plane ready to be picked up on the Wednesday to join her and her family who returned to New Zealand) but New Zealand shut its boarders on the Tuesday. Stormy is well trained, in sleeping and eating, she will happly chase another dogs ball but never her own. she loves cats- as in chasing them, she wont know what to do if she catches up to one, She can easily wake me up at 4.00 am so she can get a morning walk, perfectly behaved in private, anywhere else noooooooooooooo. she refuses to sit in the back seat of the car,
Stormy 2.jpg
Stormy 1.jpg
and now dominates our life, she has never had a mean thought and every days a party. Even with her attitude the wife and I have absolutely fallen in love with her and she's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi Zeke,
Meet my Girl Stormy she's a 2 year old Am-staff, who was left with us for a week prior to being shipped back to New Zealand. (The step-daughter booked her on a plane ready to be picked up on the Wednesday to join her and her family who returned to New Zealand) but New Zealand shut its boarders on the Tuesday. Stormy is well trained, in sleeping and eating, she will happly chase another dogs ball but never her own. she loves cats- as in chasing them, she wont know what to do if she catches up to one, She can easily wake me up at 4.00 am so she can get a morning walk, perfectly behaved in private, anywhere else noooooooooooooo. she refuses to sit in the back seat of the car, View attachment 449911 View attachment 449912 and now dominates our life, she has never had a mean thought and every days a party. Even with her attitude the wife and I have absolutely fallen in love with her and she's not going anywhere.
She's a beautiful girl. Everything happens for a reason.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts