The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very much a newb in doing this is there a market for this in the UK
I've had a play with a scrap watch case and bracelet. Would anyone be interested in having this type of finish done for a small fee.
Obviously I wouldn't have done it with the crystal in in a nice watch!!
I couldn't find anyone in the UK so thought I would DIY.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If you can do a super fine media blast that's how a lot of the bracelet clasps are finished on Seikos :) Probably a market for reconditioning those for chaps restoring their watches or who have scratched their mint pride and joys clasp.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used aluminium oxide...

A bit too sharp me thinks I'm going to get a better gun and try some soda
I'll keep you posted.

·
Administrator
30,115 Posts
Mike/Twickersdude was a dab hand at this bead blasting lark and he was very good, of the finishes he showed me I liked his satin finish best, almost made the case look like titanium.

Must admit not overly keen myself.

I love that "ex" nos 6139 of yours Tony, I bet it was a beauty when it was NOS ? :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mike/Twickersdude was a dab hand at this bead blasting lark and he was very good, of the finishes he showed me I liked his satin finish best, almost made the case look like titanium.

Must admit not overly keen myself.

I love that "ex" nos 6139 of yours Tony, I bet it was a beauty when it was NOS ? :)
Cheeky cat! You can still see where someone *recently* removed the little oval sticker from the case back :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts