The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bad day for me today the theft my watches from my home last night. I only realized this morning at 10am. I must have disturbed them as the cat disturbed me and I put him out downstairs. Could have been worse no trashing just one and half draws of mainly Seiko watches. Some left in draw two so must have disturbed them thankful. This is in the UK BTW.

So below is the last draw picture I took before reorganising them in a nice new study I had built. Some were not taken thankfully like my avatar watch and some bells and 6105's, 6117's

From what I can remember the following were taken

So
2 x 6309-7040 average original dials one on a lumpy
1 x 6309-7040 AM dial and hands black date window
1 x 6309-7040 bubble boy tuna dial
4 x 6138s one panda one ufo 2 x JPS
7 x 6139's 2 x helmets one x pulsation two x pogues 2 x other
1 x 7s26-0040 xmas special with guards removed
1 x 7s26-0050 FFF guards removed and triplock mod
1 x 7s26-0020 with original strap
2 x bellmatic
1 x 6105-8000 average dial
1 x 7016-8000 on original strap one of my favs.
1 x 7025 poor mans xmas on original strap
1 x 7548 on original 0020 bracelet
1 x 6117 GMT with original strap but endlinks loose and tampered with
1 x 5126 diver rare and a favourite
2 x Sekonda gold automatic 2427 on original bracelets
1 x 4205 diver
1 x 7005 dress with original strap short with extender

I'll update more as I remember and I'm getting more and more angry as I remember what I have lost!!!!!

·
Researcher
5,303 Posts
Barstewards!, I have to say that I hate these thieving scrotes with a vengeance.
Hang 'em up by their tabernacles.
I hope you had a list of serial numbers, so they can't get away with selling on the open market.

·
Special Member
28,000 Posts
Damn, I feel bad for you...I hope the Thief gets there just desert...Post the Serial #'s if you have them Please.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mmmm serial numbers that was one of those jobs I put off and now I'm regretting it!!

But the two 7s26 divers with crown guards removed are unique and hopefully we will see them on a certain auction site........

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I sympathize with all my heart. It is a pity. Hands should be per such things to chop .

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's a real bummer. I assume you filed a police report. The chances of getting these back are not great, but if you have serial numbers recorded maybe that would help with identifying them in a pawn shop.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt. Will keep an eye out on listings for your stolen watches.

I encourage you guys to just get a safety deposit box at the bank and store your watches there. It's really cheap to do so. It is a little bit of a hassle to bring them in and out but worth it for the safety. Be safe guys.

·
Special Member
1,903 Posts
Merritt, I'm really sorry to hear about this, man. Glad they didn't get 'em all, but a big loss just the same.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Merritt sorry to hear that.
Paul thanks, I'm really pissed off at the moment and yesterday I was really thinking about selling you the 6309 Tuna bubble boy. If I get it back you'll have first refusal at a good price.

I keep opening the draw expecting to see them smiling up at me but its still very empty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is terrible news. Very sorry to hear this. If these watches were the only items taken I'd venture a guess that the person(s) responsible knew what you had and where you kept them. Insist the police check the local pawn shops.

Ed B.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Paul thanks, I'm really pissed off at the moment and yesterday I was really thinking about selling you the 6309 Tuna bubble boy. If I get it back you'll have first refusal at a good price.

I keep opening the draw expecting to see them smiling up at me but its still very empty.
I feel your pain Merritt :mad: - I hope you get them back - keep me posted

·
Craftsman
3,897 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune but don't give up hope. Hopefully, like you mentioned, they will show up on the auction site and you can arrange to pick one up in person.

I always add the serial number when I take a photo just in case I need it for future reference.

The search begins. Good luck.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We can't swear can we... no... ok! I hope the fleas if a thousand camel infest their a-holes. Will keep a beady eye out for any suspicious sales on ebay etc. It doesn't help but I'm glad nobody was hurt and by the sounds of it they knew what they were after.

A lesson for us all to catalogue what we cherish and lock away what is irreplaceable.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts