The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting hot in Malta (EU)...

The OS 300m is already starting to feel too heavy on the standard bracelet with this kind of weather on my puny wrist..

I really dont like the ridged standard rubber as it puts too much force on too small an area due to it not being flat, and it also is too hard IMHO. So do you have any recommendations for a comfy, compliant rubber strap that will look good on this monster ;-)...if it is able to take fat spring bars then it would be even better as I feel safer that way...

Any pics and links from where I can get it would be super! Thanks team...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Check out Maratac Elite straps over at MWR. I think they'll have the right balance of water prooffness, comfort and breathability (something pure rubber straps simply lack). They are also inexpensive and come in large sizes that will easily accommodate your watch. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
995 Posts
The Timefactors Retro strap is an excellent choice. It breathes (through the holes), accepts Seiko spring bars, it's flexy but not too wobbly (sorry for the technical terms)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The Balihai Projects Diver Style strap is an excellent value at only $20 shipped.
It's nice and thick but also very soft and flexible. Super comfortable. I've had the orange on my Zilla for many months and I couldn't be happier.
It also has a Seiko style to it and I think the black would look super on that Tuna.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
orange strap looks cool on the zilla 8)

Aurelius said:
The Balihai Projects Diver Style strap is an excellent value at only $20 shipped.
It's nice and thick but also very soft and flexible. Super comfortable. I've had the orange on my Zilla for many months and I couldn't be happier.
It also has a Seiko style to it and I think the black would look super on that Tuna.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your reply guys...

The Maratac seems like a good alternative to rubber...the timefactors rubber also looks cool in that retro ploprof style and the fact that it accepts fat spring bars is a plus IMHO :) !

Hmm....I'll have to think about it. I'll let you know guys!

Thanks a lot so far..keep em comin ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aurelius said:
Emm...that strap also has the ridges I'm afraid...does it accept fat bars please?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
buddy13 said:
Emm...that strap also has the ridges I'm afraid...does it accept fat bars please?
This strap is very elastic. Unlike the original Strap on the Tuna (I just got one so I can compare them directly) the ridges actually expand noticably when pulled. Makes for a very comfy fit even when snugged tight. There's a lot of give unlike the original Seiko strap.
Yes, it takes the fat spring bars (just tried to make sure).

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aurelius said:
This strap is very elastic. Unlike the original Strap on the Tuna (I just got one so I can compare them directly) the ridges actually expand noticably when pulled. Makes for a very comfy fit even when snugged tight. There's a lot of give unlike the original Seiko strap.
Yes, it takes the fat spring bars (just tried to make sure).
I see...thanks a million for your help and for trying out the fat bars :-*

I will also consider this strap...

The good about the ploprof (timefactors) rubber is that it bretahes and in 30+ degrees celsius and 90%+ humidity that matters A LOT...trust me...

·
Registered
496 Posts
+1 on the Martac Elite.....however you have to "drill out" the spring bar hole for Seiko/Orient 2.5mm spring bars. Also if your wrist is smaller than 7.25 you will have to add holes in the strap.

IMO the Isofrane is the best rubber(no silicon) strap I have ever owned 8) It's a tight squeeze but the spring bars will fit.

http://www.isofrane.com/strap_detail.htm

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
For what its worth, I've been told by the recepient of a watch I traded, with Gobalwatchband.com's rubber strap (model MS945) attached, that the strap was one of the more comfortable rubber straps he's used.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Maratac Elite composite straps come with their own springbars and will those springbars fit the Seiko 007/173 22mm lugs if I decide not to use the factory Seiko fat springbars?

·
Registered
496 Posts
uspopo said:
The Maratac Elite composite straps come with their own springbars and will those springbars fit the Seiko 007/173 22mm lugs if I decide not to use the factory Seiko fat springbars?

Yes and No.....If you order the 24mm and plan to notch to 22mm you'll need 22mm Fat Spring Bars. If you order the 22mm strap the Martac spring bar tip is to small. It will be a loose fit. Over time it would ream out the holes in the lugs. So again... you'll need Fat Spring Bars...22mm x 2.5mm x 1.1mm

I hope this helps ;D
Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the info as that will rule out the Maratac Elites for my SKX173 :-[

1 - 16 of 16 Posts