The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 7S26-0020 for a while, and never worn it, until the other day for work. The rotor sounded tinny, or lose, only looked today, and there's wobble in the bearing area, the screw is tight. It looks brand spanking new in there and charges fine. Is this normal, or is the rotor shot? None of my older models has this play.

Regards, David

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
I would add that "wobble" is relative. If you gently apply pressure to the top edge of the weight and rotate it with a soft, non-marring item (peg wood, plastic pick, etc.) and the weight touches the movement then yes, you have an issue. Also if you gently shake the movement and can hear it metallicly scrape the movement or case back- this is a problem. But Seiko ball-bearings are generally noisier than most Swiss ones, owing to looser tolerances in the race itself. This can be a good thing I've found for longevity, but the side effect is more noticeable noise when wearing, for the hearing-acute amongst us.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Agreed. I've put wobbly rotors back in place in all sorts of vintage Seikos by gently applying a downward force perpendicular to the top bridge with 2 fingers, one near each edge. Be gentle If it doesn't help, don't force it, a real repair is needed.

It's not hard to replace the rotor. Anyone can do it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. The rotor doesn't interfere with the movement what so ever, and I've happily worn it for 4/5 days. I'll find a new rotor though, and replace it in. Didn't know if it was a new thing from Seiko, as this is my only "modern" Seiko, and all the older models have no movement/wobble.

Regards, David

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts