The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6119-6400 missing a stem gear + spring, what's one to do?
A conversion of sorts and a mod to be true!

I've had a few Sport Divers bouncing around the parts bin along with plenty of parts watches for a while now. Some were missing the stem gear + springs which had most likely been robbed for other projects before I acquired them. Since these gears + springs are few and far between I decided to do a conversion eliminating the inner rotating bezel and fitting a dial from another watch. This was easier said then done but after some time to figure clearances out and modifying a few parts for fit and function it all worked out well. The outer bezel was enameled to match. I added a nos Seiko crystal and a nos set of hour + minute hands from a 6139. The second hand was original to the dial. Then a razor bracelet, original to the 6119 + 6106 series of sport divers, was installed. It's a bracelet that some like and others dislike. I like the bracelet for several reasons. First and foremost, It was original to this watch. Secondly it's a very comfortable bracelet which actually helps the watch head stay centered on your wrist because of it's design.

It was hard to capture the actual color as it's actually more violet then blue. Now without further adieu.........

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I really like that. Great dial has been a favorite of mine for a while and the razor bracelet suits the head a treat.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well great work...i like it...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hey just wondering...the stem..is it close to the 6139 chrono stem?...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your positive comments! I've been wearing it for several days and it's keeping great time.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well it looks great...

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Beautiful job Tom, looks like you have this one DIALED IN. Boy whatever you can do to get pieces out of the parts box and onto your wrist is a great accomplishment in my book !

Truly a handsome piece and a bonus its keeping good time too !:bowing:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
there is nothing better than getting a old watch back on the wrist...and that one is a gorgeous one to start with....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts